Problem with Right Tail Light not working
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Problem with Right Tail Light not working in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello Forum Members; I am hoping you can help me figure out what is going on with my 2003 Escalade ...
    robstaubtx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Caillac Escalade

Problem with Right Tail Light not working

Hello Forum Members; I am hoping you can help me figure out what is going on with my 2003 Escalade EXT

The problem is that the Right Rear Tail light will not come on (Left is fine). Here are the trouble shooting steps I have taken so far:
    1- Replaced the bulbs
    2- Replaced the wiring block connector bolted to the underside of the qtr panel
    3- checked all fuses

The Tail light comes on when you press the brake or when you use the turn signal.. nothing comes on when you turn on the headlights. I would like to check the power coming into and out of the block connector for voltage but dont know what the specs are or how to do that. I live in a remote area and need to order everything to be shipped in so it takes days to get parts here and it is somewhat disappointing when it doesn't solve the problem. I have already been pulled over by the police because the light was out and now I am afraid to go out at night as I dont want to get a ticket...

Any suggestions welcome!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by robstaubtx
    Hello Forum Members; I am hoping you can help me figure out what is going on with my 2003 Escalade EXT

The problem is that the Right Rear Tail light will not come on (Left is fine). Here are the trouble shooting steps I have taken so far:
    1- Replaced the bulbs
    2- Replaced the wiring block connector bolted to the underside of the qtr panel
    3- checked all fuses

The Tail light comes on when you press the brake or when you use the turn signal.. nothing comes on when you turn on the headlights. I would like to check the power coming into and out of the block connector for voltage but dont know what the specs are or how to do that. I live in a remote area and need to order everything to be shipped in so it takes days to get parts here and it is somewhat disappointing when it doesn't solve the problem. I have already been pulled over by the police because the light was out and now I am afraid to go out at night as I dont want to get a ticket...

Any suggestions welcome!!!
    It should register 12 volts on a multi tester on both sides

Re: Problem with Right Tail Light not working

Thank you for your reply post.

"Both Sides" ... not sure where I should be testing? There are two inbound connectors into the wiring block connector and then two outbound plugs. Do you know the color code of the inbound and outbound wires?

Thank you for your reply post.

"Both Sides" ... not sure where I should be testing? There are two inbound connectors into the wiring block connector and then two outbound plugs. Do you know the color code of the inbound and outbound wires?
    I nothin and out connectors on the block to make sure it ain't the block
    Let me look at my wiring diagrams and get back to you on the wire colors

Re: Problem with Right Tail Light not working

thanks again for your reply. I have already replaced the block so dont think its the problem. I have checked all the fuses and they seem fine. Right now my guess is one of the wires on the connector that is attached to the block is bad. I would like to check the inbound and outbond voltage on the correct wires to lead me closer to the source. I just need to know which wires power the tail light and which is positive, which is the ground, and what the voltage should be on them...

thanks again for your reply. I have already replaced the block so dont think its the problem. I have checked all the fuses and they seem fine. Right now my guess is one of the wires on the connector that is attached to the block is bad. I would like to check the inbound and outbond voltage on the correct wires to lead me closer to the source. I just need to know which wires power the tail light and which is positive, which is the ground, and what the voltage should be on them...
    Ok give me a bit of time and I will clear out my pm box so you can pm me your email

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.