Dome lights wont come on in escalade esv 2004
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Dome lights wont come on in escalade esv 2004 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi I'm new to this forum. I have a 2004 escalade esv platinum. My problem is that my dome wont ...
    nisse81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dome lights wont come on in escalade esv 2004

Hi I'm new to this forum. I have a 2004 escalade esv platinum. My problem is that my dome wont come on when I open the doors? I tried to push the override switch button but nothing happens. I've also checked the fuse but it's ok. The lights work when I push them. I'm from Sweden so if my english is bad you know why
    /Nisse

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by nisse81
    Hi I'm new to this forum. I have a 2004 escalade esv platinum. My problem is that my dome wont come on when I open the doors? I tried to push the override switch button but nothing happens. I've also checked the fuse but it's ok. The lights work when I push them. I'm from Sweden so if my english is bad you know why
    /Nisse
    Did you try the override button with the doors open?
    If yes then the headlight switch needs replacing

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man

Did you try the override button with the doors open?
    If yes then the headlight switch needs replacing
    Yes I tried the override button. Ok that's an easy fix. Thanks a lot for the reply Cadillac man, now I'm off to the yunkyard finding myself a lightswitch

Yes I tried the override button. Ok that's an easy fix. Thanks a lot for the reply Cadillac man, now I'm off to the yunkyard finding myself a lightswitch
    Ask if it has been tested before buying as some junkyards don't always test parts

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man

Ask if it has been tested before buying as some junkyards don't always test parts
    Yes I did ask, they told me it was tested, but we'll find out. It was taken from a 03 suburban. We got a lot of suburbans in Sweden but not so many escalades so it's always nice when you can make a decent deal. It's ridiculous over here how much a official dealer would have charged me.
    Thanks a lot for the help, really appreciate it.

Yes I did ask, they told me it was tested, but we'll find out. It was taken from a 03 suburban. We got a lot of suburbans in Sweden but not so many escalades so it's always nice when you can make a decent deal. It's ridiculous over here how much a official dealer would have charged me.
    Thanks a lot for the help, really appreciate it.
    Glad to help
    Ps most body parts and certain modules will interchange between the escalade and the yukon
    Radios would depend on the trim(escalades have the y91 rpo code which is the lux code)

Was not the lightswitch ...the lights in the doors works but not the ones in the ceiling. Will keep trying..

Was not the lightswitch ...the lights in the doors works but not the ones in the ceiling. Will keep trying..
    Check the tbc fuses in the dash fuse block sounds like those are blown

I had that happen to me when I installed my led strips for foot well lights in my 03(that was a tricky job) so when I hit the map light button the foot well light would be on also

It's working! It was one of the tbc fuses! Thank you very much! I'm going to Las vegas in april so if you are there I'll buy you a beer

It's working! It was one of the tbc fuses! Thank you very much! I'm going to Las vegas in april so if you are there I'll buy you a beer
    I am on the east coast
    But thanks for the offer I am glad to help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.