Problems starting 2003 Cadillac Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Problems starting 2003 Cadillac Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok so ive been having problems starting my escalade it would just sit there and not make an attempt no ...
    jakemcc1774 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade 1994 Cadillac Seville 1 more

Problems starting 2003 Cadillac Escalade

Ok so ive been having problems starting my escalade it would just sit there and not make an attempt no cranking nothing to start and i would have to either rock the truck or shift furious to get the starter to click on once it clicked on no problem so thinking it was that i replaced the starter and it was running smooth for a couple of months and just started doing it again and just today the truck broke down the truck wouldnt shift at all it was moving freely luckily it was after picking my gf up 4 lunch and i didnt have work all day after that to check it out but found out the transmission linkage was broken so gotta custom order one of those from GM Napa dont have them surprisingly but what im wondering is could it of been the linkage breaking slowly that was not letting it start or should i check another place like a good ground on the starter? wiring issue? any other ideas would be great so i can start on the right foot tomorrow to fix it all at once any answer is very appreciated.

Thank you
    Jake M

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by jakemcc1774
    Ok so ive been having problems starting my escalade it would just sit there and not make an attempt no cranking nothing to start and i would have to either rock the truck or shift furious to get the starter to click on once it clicked on no problem so thinking it was that i replaced the starter and it was running smooth for a couple of months and just started doing it again and just today the truck broke down the truck wouldnt shift at all it was moving freely luckily it was after picking my gf up 4 lunch and i didnt have work all day after that to check it out but found out the transmission linkage was broken so gotta custom order one of those from GM Napa dont have them surprisingly but what im wondering is could it of been the linkage breaking slowly that was not letting it start or should i check another place like a good ground on the starter? wiring issue? any other ideas would be great so i can start on the right foot tomorrow to fix it all at once any answer is very appreciated.

Thank you
    Jake M
    It is possible that it was in a position that wouldn't allow the engine to start

I would still check the battery connections to be sure they are clean and have good contact

Re: Problems starting 2003 Cadillac Escalade

Ya thats what i was thinking it could of been like it wasn't in park when i tried cranking, when i put the new linkage in ill see if it helped at all and yes ill check the battery too gonna be working on alot of stuff with that truck tomorrow thanks for the input

Ya thats what i was thinking it could of been like it wasn't in park when i tried cranking, when i put the new linkage in ill see if it helped at all and yes ill check the battery too gonna be working on alot of stuff with that truck tomorrow thanks for the input
    I hope you can get it fixed so you can enjoy it instead of having to work on it

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man

I hope you can get it fixed so you can enjoy it instead of having to work on it

Around 70 for the two replacement links from GM wasn't too hard of a process but sure got some burns from the exhaust and everything else hot from the Arizona sun but so far so good got it in and running now well wait and see if that was the main problem or not.

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

Re: Problems starting 2003 Cadillac Escalade

had this issue twice. i had to redo ground. second time battery terminal wasnt tight

Ok so 8 days into the transmission linkage replacement haven't had the starting problem yet and before it was almost a daily problem think that might have been the problem in the beginning thanks everybody and anybody who had the kind of problem ive been having take notes check it yourself before you go taking it to a shop

Ok so 8 days into the transmission linkage replacement haven't had the starting problem yet and before it was almost a daily problem think that might have been the problem in the beginning thanks everybody and anybody who had the kind of problem ive been having take notes check it yourself before you go taking it to a shop
    Glad to hear that you got it fixed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.