2005 Escalade AWD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 Escalade AWD in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi all. I just became a Cadillac owner this week with a 2005 Escalade AWD. Love it! It does feel ...
    alexmckinney is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

2005 Escalade AWD

Hi all. I just became a Cadillac owner this week with a 2005 Escalade AWD. Love it! It does feel as if the shocks need replacing and the air compressor seems to be loud and run for longer than it should when I first start it. Could someone please point me to the best reference to learn on the suspension system for these vehicles? I'm not worried about tackling reapairs myself on this but want to do my research first. Thanks for your help.

Alex.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmckinney
    Hi all. I just became a Cadillac owner this week with a 2005 Escalade AWD. Love it! It does feel as if the shocks need replacing and the air compressor seems to be loud and run for longer than it should when I first start it. Could someone please point me to the best reference to learn on the suspension system for these vehicles? I'm not worried about tackling reapairs myself on this but want to do my research first. Thanks for your help.

Alex.
    Are the shocks holding air?
    How to tell is with some soapy water spray the shocks(rear)while working the rear bumper while watching for bubbles
    If you see any bubbles then the shocks are leaking and will need replacing before the compressor is replaced

Thanks. I'll have to check them out. Do the front shocks function the same as the rear? I can definitely feel every bump on the road through the front end.

Thanks. I'll have to check them out. Do the front shocks function the same as the rear? I can definitely feel every bump on the road through the front end.
    No that are electronic gas shocks if you are getting the service ride control message then that would explain the rougher then normal ride(I know how you feel and living on a dirt road I would try my best to avoid every pothole in the road(my mom always complained about me doing that but one hit with one of the potholes changed her tune real quick)

Trust me when the system goes passive the ride suffers big time
    Before replacing the front shocks I would check the rear ones as they tend to wear quicker

Thanks. I'm not getting any messages yet. I'll check the whole system.

Thanks. I'm not getting any messages yet. I'll check the whole system.
    I would still have the system checked for codes sometimes they won't throw any messages but will store the codes(my moms 02 is like this compressor won't kick in but the suspension system still works like normal and no messages)

atlrus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 escalade, 07 STS4 V8

Re: 2005 Escalade AWD

On mine I had a rear one crack and burn the pump - never threw a message nor stored any codes.

I replaced all the shocks + air pump for less than $1K going through my mechanic and buying the parts myself. According to my mechanic - the hardest part is getting all the wires/sensors/whatever right so the PCM would know to keep the ride leveled. Still, I think I was charged something like 3 hours labor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.