05 Ext rear screen not working
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 05 Ext rear screen not working in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello all, Just got a 05 ext , has a switch to bypass the gear selection allowing the front nav ...
    fortune46x is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Ext

05 Ext rear screen not working

Hello all, Just got a 05 ext , has a switch to bypass the gear selection allowing the front nav screen to be used as the dvd monitor while driving but for reasons beyond me the rear screen is blank. I can pull up the brightness controls and everything just fine , but the dvd will not play on the screen. Everything else is working proper and seeing that I can adjust the screen settings (brightness contrast etc) while the player is playing and see it just fine so I wouldn't think the screen is broken it just wont show the dvd playing in the rear screen. Anyone come across this ? any help you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by fortune46x
    Hello all, Just got a 05 ext , has a switch to bypass the gear selection allowing the front nav screen to be used as the dvd monitor while driving but for reasons beyond me the rear screen is blank. I can pull up the brightness controls and everything just fine , but the dvd will not play on the screen. Everything else is working proper and seeing that I can adjust the screen settings (brightness contrast etc) while the player is playing and see it just fine so I wouldn't think the screen is broken it just wont show the dvd playing in the rear screen. Anyone come across this ? any help you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!
    Sounds like the rear seat entertainment system is in aux-in mode there is a button on the unit that switches it from the DVD player to the aux-in

Re: 05 Ext rear screen not working

The Aux mode ? I'm sorry youll have to explain it to me Im pretty new to this system - I saw the black button that's near the external rca inputs tried hitting that but no result. Did I miss something ?

The Aux mode ? I'm sorry youll have to explain it to me Im pretty new to this system - I saw the black button that's near the external rca inputs tried hitting that but no result. Did I miss something ?
    The button to switch it from the built in DVD drive to the aux inputs is next to the power button and is labeled srce

The black button near the RCA jacks allows the driver to mute the display and audio from the unit to allow him/her to get the attention of the passengers using the system

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

um car to explain how ur able to watch dvd on the front screen. i can do that on my 05 . pls share

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    The button to switch it from the built in DVD drive to the aux inputs is next to the power button and is labeled srce

The black button near the RCA jacks allows the driver to mute the display and audio from the unit to allow him/her to get the attention of the passengers using the system

oh, I tried the source button and nothing , is it possible whoever did the switch up front screwed something up and its blocking the video output to the rear?

oh, I tried the source button and nothing , is it possible whoever did the switch up front screwed something up and its blocking the video output to the rear?
    Most likely the DVD drive in the unit is messed up as it should work

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bigirb2002
    um car to explain how ur able to watch dvd on the front screen. i can do that on my 05 . pls share
    It must be a aftermarket add on

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

Must be I was getting happy

Both in dash and drop screen are stock , not sure how they did it I haven't gotten into the dash yet to see. When its out of the body shop Ill take it out and snap off pictures of how they did it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.