"SH%TTY LUCK" - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, "SH%TTY LUCK" in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by HITMONEY $4000.00 worth of damage!....It most certainly will hurt the resale value. The repair work/repaint will have ...
    KadKat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: "SH%TTY LUCK"

Quote Originally Posted by HITMONEY
    $4000.00 worth of damage!....It most certainly will hurt the resale value. The repair work/repaint will have to be listed on carfax by law. anyone buying the truck later that pulls a carfax will see the repaint work and have leverage in making an offer to buy, as will a dealer if its traded in. CarFax doesn't go away.
    Why do you believe they will report this to CarFax?

This happened on Private Property and they have the resources to fix it. Nothing had/has to be reported to any police agency and the records from this will essentially be your receipt.

Why would a dealer report this?

BlackSled is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had significant damage done by a valet parking company in one of my other vehicles. I didn't run it thru my insurance as they paid for the repairs and a loaner while it was being repared. I got new doors, new panels and the rig looks as new. Nothing was reported to the DMV or to CarFax.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

UPDATE RE: "SH%TTY LUCK"

So I go to the dealer and look at my truck today and find that the paint color doesnt match, dents were not pulled correctly (wiggles seen on panels), and paint has a dull finish to it, no reflection at all. And to top it off, when I express my frustration to the manager, he offers me a '05 EXT with 8k miles for $16k more! At this point, I had it with this dealership, so I called Cadillac USA and they said that they would look into the matter. They were hinting at maybe offering to repaint the whole truck, but I'm not sure I want to do this. At this point I dont know what to do. Should I look into getting a lawyer? Problem is, I don't have any photos of the damage, but I do have the estimate of the repairs. Anybody have any ideas? Any lawyers out there?

TIA,
    Steve

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I feel your pain. I get screwed like that all the time. I am not a lawyer, but I have represented myself numerous times in court- here are my thoughts-. You have many options including: 1. (easy)Contact your insurance company and let them handle it because they have lawyers on call, 2. retain a good lawyer, or 3. Take on a hobby (like me) and legally represent yourself by researching the rights and liberties afforded to you regarding dispute resolution in your state- e.g. taking action!

Now,
    After the fact- Did you contact your ins company? Nows the time to do so because they resolve these issues all the time. I took a wrecked vehicle worth 9g's that had 5K in damage to three different shops one time- each shop re-did the work- and the final tally was over 15K. I do not think you will see an increase in premiums and the ins company may even sue the dealer for you to recoup their costs. Just a thought.

You could retain a lawyer to handle your dispute but that could cost a bundle in billed hours unless you can find one that will agree on a nominal fee to handle the action from start to finish. This has been very dissapointing to me before because of lengthy processes and cost.

Now, If your pissed enough, you could represent yourself and take them to small claims court. The dollar figure of the damages may be too high though. A good start would have been some pictures of the damage along with documentaion of phone calls, log of your time wasted, etc. Research what the Better Business Bureau offers- and so on. As it is now, I would compose a formal letter containing the dates of accident, what happened as far as the repair, and any facts that relate (full name, address, e-mail-). State your dissatisfaction with the service etc along with your opinion of what should have transpired along with copies estimates from other shops to re- repair. I would list the BBB and a possible attorney as cc's also. Then bundle all the papers in a manilla envelope (don't forget to sign) and send it to the service exec via CERTIFIED MAIL. I have done this a few times ,with great results, to federally regulated agencies before but I don't have much luck with smaller unregulated companies. At the very least, you get the satisfaction of knowing you did what you could! Thats just my .02 cents, er, 1.50 worth.

MDecker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC, 2007 SRX V8 AWD, 2006 Escalade ESV

Demand that your vehicle leave the dealership with the same or better value as it came in as... I think looking for a NAV system or killer a/v system installed free plus totally fixing your car plus loaner is your best bet as the dealer can get those items cheaper than you probably can. Figure 10-15% loss of value then ask for 20-25% upgrades/compensation and then let them "talk" you down to 15%. At that point deal only with the GM and through your lawyer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.