Rattling noise when starting 2005 Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Rattling noise when starting 2005 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2005 Escalade and every time I start the engine within 10-15 seconds of being on, I have ...
    thadonger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Rattling noise when starting 2005 Escalade

I have a 2005 Escalade and every time I start the engine within 10-15 seconds of being on, I have a rattling noise just above the rear driver's side tire. The rattling just last for about 5 seconds but I was just curious if anyone can shed any light on this. Truck runs great and I'm pretty sure it isn't anything I should worry about since I've had the car serviced before and no one brought it to my attention. I was wondering if this is a common thing. I can try to take a picture of where I think the noise is coming from and post later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BlueOvalKid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum

Re: Rattling noise when starting 2005 Escalade

It's the autoride air compressor most likely

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I second its the auto leveling compressor

Re: Rattling noise when starting 2005 Escalade

Thanks. Is it supposed to make a noise like that or is it something that I should worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by thadonger
    Thanks. Is it supposed to make a noise like that or is it something that I should worry about?
    Mine makes brrr noise
    Just how bad is it making the noise?

If it is loud enough to hear it real clear over the engine then it is in need of replacing soon

Make sure you check the shocks for leaks before you replace the compressor as leaky shocks can burn up the compressor quick

Ok now the compressor rattles longer than a few seconds and even comes on while I'm driving. About how much is this going to cost to get fixed or is this something that I can do on my own?

Ok now the compressor rattles longer than a few seconds and even comes on while I'm driving. About how much is this going to cost to get fixed or is this something that I can do on my own?
    Sounds like the shocks are leaking and both them and the compressor needs replacing

The price depends on where you get the parts from

Thanks, I think. So when driving the car today, the compressor has returned back to its normal operation from last week. Rattles for about 5-7 seconds when I turn the engine on and shuts off. I think I'm going to have to take it to my mechanic to make sure what the issue is but am hoping its not bad/costly news...

How can I tell if the shocks are leaking?

Thanks, I think. So when driving the car today, the compressor has returned back to its normal operation from last week. Rattles for about 5-7 seconds when I turn the engine on and shuts off. I think I'm going to have to take it to my mechanic to make sure what the issue is but am hoping its not bad/costly news...

How can I tell if the shocks are leaking?
    Mix up some soap and water and spray the shocks while working the rear bumper or turn the key to run and watch for bubbles

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.