No power in Drivers door - Bad Door module?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, No power in Drivers door - Bad Door module? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Anyone had the driver door module go south in their Escalade? I went out today and unlocked my 03 ESV ...
    YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance

No power in Drivers door - Bad Door module?

Anyone had the driver door module go south in their Escalade?

I went out today and unlocked my 03 ESV with the remote. Everything appeared normal until to my surprise, the drivers door was still locked... hmmm..

Tried the the remote again, all the locks but the driver door work.... so I keyed in and and discovered the drivers door has NOTHING. No seat memory or heat, no response from the driver door lock button, no power window control, pedals, or mirrors, and the truck doesn't register with the dome or dash lights that it's even open.

As I said the keyless remote still works fine except for the driver door, and all the other windows still work if controlled from their respective door switches. So, before I tear it apart tomorrow, figured i'de ask if anyone else has had this happen before?

The fuse is still okay, so I will fiddle with it tomorrow and post results. Worst case scenario a new switch/module assembly is about $160 and probably needs dealer programming. The passenger window switch on the driver door was kind of unresponsive anyway, so I was gonna the whole thing at some point or another as it is

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMan
    Anyone had the driver door module go south in their Escalade?

I went out today and unlocked my 03 ESV with the remote. Everything appeared normal until to my surprise, the drivers door was still locked... hmmm..

Tried the the remote again, all the locks but the driver door work.... so I keyed in and and discovered the drivers door has NOTHING. No seat memory or heat, no response from the driver door lock button, no power window control, pedals, or mirrors, and the truck doesn't register with the dome or dash lights that it's even open.

As I said the keyless remote still works fine except for the driver door, and all the other windows still work if controlled from their respective door switches. So, before I tear it apart tomorrow, figured i'de ask if anyone else has had this happen before?

The fuse is still okay, so I will fiddle with it tomorrow and post results. Worst case scenario a new switch/module assembly is about $160 and probably needs dealer programming. The passenger window switch on the driver door was kind of unresponsive anyway, so I was gonna the whole thing at some point or another as it is
    The way you describe it the door module sounds like it has failed

Re: No power in Drivers door - Bad Door module?

Ah, fun stuff! Well, I have shot emails to both the local Cadillac Dealership and the GMpartsDirect guys to see which particular part # i need, because there is quite a few of them with minor differences.... waiting to hear back. It's odd in that the number listed on the back of the current DDM doesn't have any results in the datebases... so we will find out here shortly!

Got the new DDM in the mail. After changing it out, then Presto! everything works again!..... only thing i am confused on is that the GMPartsDirect guys confirmed that the new part would need dealer programming, however, ALL the features tied to it work, including the memory mirrors... hmmm..

I called Cadillac Customer service, who were actually helpful and even called the local dealer for me to find out what the story on that is, to which they refused to give them an answer since "they didn't put the part in".... Even the Service rep thought that was odd....

So i sent another email to GMpartsdirect to see if they knew, but as far as im concerned, if everything still works 100%, then it is as good as fixed!

Got the new DDM in the mail. After changing it out, then Presto! everything works again!..... only thing i am confused on is that the GMPartsDirect guys confirmed that the new part would need dealer programming, however, ALL the features tied to it work, including the memory mirrors... hmmm..

I called Cadillac Customer service, who were actually helpful and even called the local dealer for me to find out what the story on that is, to which they refused to give them an answer since "they didn't put the part in".... Even the Service rep thought that was odd....

So i sent another email to GMpartsdirect to see if they knew, but as far as im concerned, if everything still works 100%, then it is as good as fixed!
    I don't think the drivers door module needs programming like the passenger door module does due to the keyless entry system being tied into it

Thats good to hear. yeah, even with the DDM completely disconnected and removed, the keyless entry still worked, except for on the drivers door. (had to hook up the battery and move the car real quick once while it was apart for a few days)

Thats good to hear. yeah, even with the DDM completely disconnected and removed, the keyless entry still worked, except for on the drivers door. (had to hook up the battery and move the car real quick once while it was apart for a few days)
    Remember if the passenger door module is disconnected the keyless entry system won't work

I found out this when I replaced my speakers and had the door modules disconnected at the time when I worked on the front doors(did them one at a time) so the work would be easier

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMan View Post

Hello YoshiMan,

I am happy to hear you were able to order the new DDM part and replace it, which seems to have resolved your initial concerns. If you have additional questions, please contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

thanks! will do

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.