Inoperative CD Player
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Inoperative CD Player in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2002 Escalade with the standard Bose system. The CD player stopped working, and I have checked both ...
    hcubed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Inoperative CD Player

I have a 2002 Escalade with the standard Bose system. The CD player stopped working, and I have checked both fuses, which I found to be okay.
    None of the lights on the player illuminate when the CD button is pushed, and I have not removed the power plug from the back of the player as I suspect it be "theft-proofed" like the radio head is. I could be wrong about that, but I have resisted removing the plug to check for power to the player. The player is full of discs, and I can't get them out....what's next?? Any ideas or solutions to my problem??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by hcubed
    I have a 2002 Escalade with the standard Bose system. The CD player stopped working, and I have checked both fuses, which I found to be okay.
    None of the lights on the player illuminate when the CD button is pushed, and I have not removed the power plug from the back of the player as I suspect it be "theft-proofed" like the radio head is. I could be wrong about that, but I have resisted removing the plug to check for power to the player. The player is full of discs, and I can't get them out....what's next?? Any ideas or solutions to my problem??
    There should be a separate fuse for the cd changer
    If there are other things in the truck not working then it is for sure the fuse
    I have a owners manual and I will look and see which fuse it is you need to check

Re: Inoperative CD Player

Thanks for the reply, but I have checked all of the fuses. There is a fuse on the aux panel on the left side of the dashboard as well as one in the main power distribution center under the hood.
    Believe me, everything else in the SUV works as advertised. I read the owners manual first, and found the fuses easily.
    I think I will remove the player and do some electrical checks.

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

lol i had to do a double take . i was like when did i post this. i to have the exact same issue. mine started all of a sudden. i think the player is dead!!!!!! i unplugged it and everything still a no go

Sentinelist is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV, Black Raven/black, Platinum wheels, 97k

I have this problem as well- almost certain it's just a dead unit. Mine doesn't light up either, but it will whir the motor with the power plugged in. Highly annoying, so I just disconnected- we use XM. My plan is to just eventually replace it with a reman unit off eBay for about $250 (hopefully less once I get around to it).

Guys if I told you which wires were hot and ground could you test for power before jumping to the conclusion that its the player?

I say this as the cd changer is controlled by the data bus(class 2 03+ e&c 02 and older) and the data bus turns it on and off with the key

Heck my cd changer will allow me to eject and insert discs even with the radio disconnected(yes I have tried it in my 03)

Go ahead and tell us, but I think the outside (Drivers side) wire is positive, and on the other end is negative. Correct?

Go ahead and tell us, but I think the outside (Drivers side) wire is positive, and on the other end is negative. Correct?
    No they are not like that I know on mine its hot data ground lights audio (L/r) audio ground and a another one but I will look at the audio system wiring diagrams for both gens and post the correct pin outs for each

I found it.
    Looks like one you posted some time in the past.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...d-changer.html

I also found a company just a few miles from my home that repairs almost any kind of car stereo system components.
    www.carstereohelp.com

I found it.
    Looks like one you posted some time in the past.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...d-changer.html

I also found a company just a few miles from my home that repairs almost any kind of car stereo system components.
    www.carstereohelp.com
    Ok I forget stuff over times but at least you found it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.