suspension issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, suspension issues in Cadillac Escalade Forums; 20006 esv. service ride control indicator . took it to the dealer and they want 2000.00 for a air compressor ...
    tim scotts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

suspension issues

20006 esv. service ride control indicator . took it to the dealer and they want 2000.00 for a air compressor and new rear air shocks. I am nterested in what other have done I see it a common issue with escalade. looked at a coversion kit to switch from airr to passive but was told I would lose the comfort of the air ride (told it wold suck compared to the air) but paying 2 Gs sucks as well. I am in canada and trying to find a good parts dealer and doing it myself. just did the brakes and water pump which was pretty easy. any help would be great.
    thanks
    tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BigN8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim scotts
    20006 esv. service ride control indicator . took it to the dealer and they want 2000.00 for a air compressor and new rear air shocks. I am nterested in what other have done I see it a common issue with escalade. looked at a coversion kit to switch from airr to passive but was told I would lose the comfort of the air ride (told it wold suck compared to the air) but paying 2 Gs sucks as well. I am in canada and trying to find a good parts dealer and doing it myself. just did the brakes and water pump which was pretty easy. any help would be great.
    thanks
    tim
    I got Arnott's remanufactured rear shocks and find them bouncy. Should have just paid the 2g's to get stock new ones through Cadillac/GMC dealership

BDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: suspension issues

First and most important, Arnott does not in any way remanufacture shocks - OEM type shocks can't be remanufactured. They supply worn out, used "cores" that other people send in and they clean and paint them. They do supply a new air bag. The air bag only supports the weight, the electronic mag fluid shocks control the ride and stability control functions. The OEM shocks are made by Monroe and the exact same shocks are available as Monroe parts from many suppliers, Amazon, Rock Auto NAPA etc. Monroe's site or Rock Auto will give the correct part numbers. About the best price I've seen was Amazon at about $215-$225 each, still not cheap but far better than the GM list price of $600 each. Arnott's rebuild compressors may be OK but I've also seen owners here having problems. The AC / Delco compressor can also be found for a very reasonable price online. Make sure you need both shocks and compressor - unlikely all went bad together.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by BDuncan
    First and most important, Arnott does not in any way remanufacture shocks - OEM type shocks can't be remanufactured. They supply worn out, used "cores" that other people send in and they clean and paint them. They do supply a new air bag. The air bag only supports the weight, the electronic mag fluid shocks control the ride and stability control functions. The OEM shocks are made by Monroe and the exact same shocks are available as Monroe parts from many suppliers, Amazon, Rock Auto NAPA etc. Monroe's site or Rock Auto will give the correct part numbers. About the best price I've seen was Amazon at about $215-$225 each, still not cheap but far better than the GM list price of $600 each. Arnott's rebuild compressors may be OK but I've also seen owners here having problems. The AC / Delco compressor can also be found for a very reasonable price online. Make sure you need both shocks and compressor - unlikely all went bad together.
    In the stock shocks and compressor were made by Delphi not ac/delco

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BigN8

I got Arnott's remanufactured rear shocks and find them bouncy. Should have just paid the 2g's to get stock new ones through Cadillac/GMC dealership
    I found mine firm(as it should be)for the first few weeks now they tend to not keep the truck from wallowing into the curve as much as they did new(it may be my road wearing them out quick)

As far as the compressor I got a new one from gm

The OEM magnetic fluid shocks are made by Monroe. GM sells them as Delphi in house and as AC/Delco aftermarket. GM can sell them as anything they want since they designed and spec'd them for manufacture. The compressor can also be purchased as a Delphi or AC/Delco part.

Mark Edward Morrison is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    BDuncan is correct the rear shocks are Monroe 40034 and they are factory plug and play for Cadillac, I know, I have them and got them on Amazon. Buy the Dorman 949-000 compressor, it is an exact OEM replacement from what's on your truck now, $239.79 Rock Auto is where I bought mine. Unbolt
    your old

65kaiser is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just replaced my rears with the Arnott Bilstien shocks. Honestly I cant tell the difference between these and the stock ones.

Bilstien makes excellent shocks and I would expect them to provide a very good ride. However, without the mag fluid shocks and electronic controls, the factory stability control is eliminated. Depending on driving conditions and weather, that may not matter to some owners.

I retract my previous post about my truck wallowing as the service stability system message had popped up during that trip and it hasn't done that since
    So if you get a service stability system be ready for the real time damping system to go passive till next key cycle

Just thought i'd post as a heads up

tim scotts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

thanks
    well I decided to get the dealership to do the work, what the heck its only money... the kids can pay for their own education.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    thanks
    well I decided to get the dealership to do the work, what the heck its only money... the kids can pay for their own education.
    ^^^^ lol

thanks
    ^^^ lol

producerman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05-ESV + 08
    18 months ago after spending over 3 grand on rear suspension parts bought the conversion kit from strut master and never been happier. Spent 250 only.....get the service rear suspension message but who cares. BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT. I do not notice a ride difference and it sits like the shocks are pumped up all the time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.