Waterpump
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Waterpump in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So our esv sprung a leak last night. Looks like the water pump needs replacing. Just glad that it didn't ...
    rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue

Waterpump

So our esv sprung a leak last night. Looks like the water pump needs replacing. Just glad that it didn't happen on our vacation. Any tricks to replacing? My local napa and Oreilys has both reman $76 and new $119 in stock. Gonna change thermostat too. Only question is why is there 2 different pumps available. One has 1.88 fitting and another is like 2.05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater
    So our esv sprung a leak last night. Looks like the water pump needs replacing. Just glad that it didn't happen on our vacation. Any tricks to replacing? My local napa and Oreilys has both reman $76 and new $119 in stock. Gonna change thermostat too. Only question is why is there 2 different pumps available. One has 1.88 fitting and another is like 2.05.
    Due to different size engines

No it has 2 different ones for the 6.0. Ones an early build the others a later build. Mine was apparently the early. Either way i was able to replace the water pump, thermostat, ac belt and new coolant in under an hour. Very easy install. I was surprised. Only need a 15mm and 10 mm sockets and pliers. No special tools what so ever.

No it has 2 different ones for the 6.0. Ones an early build the others a later build. Mine was apparently the early. Either way i was able to replace the water pump, thermostat, ac belt and new coolant in under an hour. Very easy install. I was surprised. Only need a 15mm and 10 mm sockets and pliers. No special tools what so ever.
    Oh so that's why my gm manual shows two part numbers for one engine size

That is one thing I like about our trucks is they are easy to work on unlike some

Yep. Very easy to work on. The size difference is the opening hole for the thermostat. Had to use a digital meter to match opening from old to new. Good thing i brought it in.

Yep. Very easy to work on. The size difference is the opening hole for the thermostat. Had to use a digital meter to match opening from old to new. Good thing i brought it in.
    Good to know

I thought it was a misprint in the service manual i am glad to know its not

Now I need one of those meters should I ever need it

I dont have one either but the folks at oreillys did and measured both and mine as you cant eye ball it. To close to tell.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    I dont have one either but the folks at oreillys did and measured both and mine as you cant eye ball it. To close to tell.
    Yes, i like the simplicity, reliability and cost of ownership, try that with a land rover or mercedes some of these guys rave about

grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Waterpump

Quote Originally Posted by wesyder View Post
    Yes, i like the simplicity, reliability and cost of ownership, try that with a land rover or mercedes some of these guys rave about
    This is why I bought an escalade. I've owned Lexus for year but the SUVs are kinda ugly lol and so expensive to replace stuff like air shocks. I,love mine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper

This is why I bought an escalade. I've owned Lexus for year but the SUVs are kinda ugly lol and so expensive to replace stuff like air shocks. I,love mine so far.
    I know what you mean I looked at Lexus then didn't even want to endure the looks(blaa)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.