Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Waterpump in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So our esv sprung a leak last night. Looks like the water pump needs replacing. Just glad that it didn't ...
- 07-27-13 04:20 PM #1Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
So our esv sprung a leak last night. Looks like the water pump needs replacing. Just glad that it didn't happen on our vacation. Any tricks to replacing? My local napa and Oreilys has both reman $76 and new $119 in stock. Gonna change thermostat too. Only question is why is there 2 different pumps available. One has 1.88 fitting and another is like 2.05.
- 07-27-13 11:12 PM #2Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater
- 07-28-13 12:28 AM #3
No it has 2 different ones for the 6.0. Ones an early build the others a later build. Mine was apparently the early. Either way i was able to replace the water pump, thermostat, ac belt and new coolant in under an hour. Very easy install. I was surprised. Only need a 15mm and 10 mm sockets and pliers. No special tools what so ever.
- 07-28-13 12:48 AM #4Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater
That is one thing I like about our trucks is they are easy to work on unlike some
- 07-28-13 01:02 AM #5
Yep. Very easy to work on. The size difference is the opening hole for the thermostat. Had to use a digital meter to match opening from old to new. Good thing i brought it in.
- 07-28-13 01:35 AM #6Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater
I thought it was a misprint in the service manual i am glad to know its not
Now I need one of those meters should I ever need it
- 07-28-13 01:41 AM #7
I dont have one either but the folks at oreillys did and measured both and mine as you cant eye ball it. To close to tell.
- 07-28-13 12:06 PM #8Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater
- 08-06-13 10:42 PM #9Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
- 08-06-13 11:00 PM #10Originally Posted by grayparatrooper
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts