99 escalade wont shift out park when running but will with key in acc position
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 99 escalade wont shift out park when running but will with key in acc position in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Newbie here.... 2 questions 1. The truck wont shift out of park when the vehicle is started but it will ...
    Rybruce33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 escalade

99 escalade wont shift out park when running but will with key in acc position

Newbie here.... 2 questions

1. The truck wont shift out of park when the vehicle is started but it will when the truck is off and key os in the accesories position... I'm thinking some sort of neutral or brake safety switch??

2. My blower only works on high I'm assuming it's the resistor? Where exactly is the resistor located? I've tried researching it and haven't found ANYTHING.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Rybruce33
    Newbie here.... 2 questions

1. The truck wont shift out of park when the vehicle is started but it will when the truck is off and key os in the accesories position... I'm thinking some sort of neutral or brake safety switch??

2. My blower only works on high I'm assuming it's the resistor? Where exactly is the resistor located? I've tried researching it and haven't found ANYTHING.

Thanks in advance!!
    Not sure on the safety switch but it may be the key switch

The blower resister would be close to the blower inline and mounted to the hvac box before the heater core and evaporator as it would need to be kept cool while in use

Re: 99 escalade wont shift out park when running but will with key in acc position

Anybody else on the shifting issue??

dgriffin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 escalade

Re: 99 escalade wont shift out park when running but will with key in acc position

my 2000 escalade started the same way but now it is stuck in park and will not shift regardless of the vehicle being on or in the accessory mold. From all the research i have done it appears to be the shift brake actuator sensor. i had to purchase the part from the dealer and occurs it doesn't come with instruction. I know it is located above the brake pad i was hoping to get assistance from someone on this site in getting step by step instruction on removing and replacing the actuator/sensor but no one has replied yet.....

It was the brake light sensor. But make sure you bu the clip because it doesnt come with it. The part is hidden way up under the dash.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.