A/C Re Charge Kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, A/C Re Charge Kit in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My Front A/C started blowing a bit warmer over the last week so yesterday I decided to add a can ...
    sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

A/C Re Charge Kit

My Front A/C started blowing a bit warmer over the last week so yesterday I decided to add a can of freon. I went to Auto Zone ans chose the "A/C Pro" Re Charge Kit. It comes with a 20 OZ cylinder of R134 along with a gauge and 24" of stainless braided hose. I took this rig outside to the Escalade in the parking lot and 10 minutes later I had 38* air coming from the dash outlets!!!

I highly recommend this one...the Freon also contains conditioners for the seals and lubricant for the compressor. The instructions are simple and easy to install.It's a bit pricey at $44.95 but the hardware is of such high quality you can keep it and use it again with re-fill cans that are available if need be.

This time of year...especially in SE Florida you must have A/C and this rig saved the day for me!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    My Front A/C started blowing a bit warmer over the last week so yesterday I decided to add a can of freon. I went to Auto Zone ans chose the "A/C Pro" Re Charge Kit. It comes with a 20 OZ cylinder of R134 along with a gauge and 24" of stainless braided hose. I took this rig outside to the Escalade in the parking lot and 10 minutes later I had 38* air coming from the dash outlets!!!

I highly recommend this one...the Freon also contains conditioners for the seals and lubricant for the compressor. The instructions are simple and easy to install.It's a bit pricey at $44.95 but the hardware is of such high quality you can keep it and use it again with re-fill cans that are available if need be.

This time of year...especially in SE Florida you must have A/C and this rig saved the day for me!!
    Those are great if the system has a leak(your may have a leak get it checked)
    Over times you can easily overcharge the system and cause more damage

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Re: A/C Re Charge Kit

WTG sprink, hell $45.00 verses what a AC joint?????? Good call buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by jnrsesv
    WTG sprink, hell $45.00 verses what a AC joint?????? Good call buddy!
    I got mine checked and had the engine oil changed and fluids checked for just a bit more at my local gm dealer(wanted to make sure it was at its best for summer)

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

a/c pro is the best u can get

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    ? It's just refrigerant, like any other R134a. The can gauges are a joke, and there's no way to tell what's going on on the high side. As posted, it's fairly easy to overcharge the system.

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    ? It's just refrigerant, like any other R134a. The can gauges are a joke, and there's no way to tell what's going on on the high side. As posted, it's fairly easy to overcharge the system.
    To double check I took it to my Mechanic yesterday afternoon and he ran a High/Low on it...told me the 20 OZ I put in it was dead balls on High and Low side. His leak sniffer detected nothing. He explained that at a certain point in system age that the seals will eventually allow enough freon to leak down causing the compressor to shut down. Once the pressure is back up the compressor function returns.

http://acprocold.com/?gclid=COS0ytnHubgCFcOe4AodLHAAqA

I am familiar with High and Low side refrigerant issues...I'm a Mechanical Engineer.

With 37* discharging from my outlets I'm happy with my $45 purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by sprink60

To double check I took it to my Mechanic yesterday afternoon and he ran a High/Low on it...told me the 20 OZ I put in it was dead balls on High and Low side. His leak sniffer detected nothing. He explained that at a certain point in system age that the seals will eventually allow enough freon to leak down causing the compressor to shut down. Once the pressure is back up the compressor function returns.

http://acprocold.com/?gclid=COS0ytnHubgCFcOe4AodLHAAqA

I am familiar with High and Low side refrigerant issues...I'm a Mechanical Engineer.

With 37* discharging from my outlets I'm happy with my $45 purchase.
    Mine is a lot lower then that on the temp (I think it was 34) and the high and low pressure readings are normal(at the temp tested)

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    I agree.

I purchased a complete gauge set from Harbor Freight on sale for $40 a few years back and used them a few times, it's good to be able to see what's going on with both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by wake

I agree.

I purchased a complete gauge set from Harbor Freight on sale for $40 a few years back and used them a few times, it's good to be able to see what's going on with both sides.
    I shop at harbor fright some times and next time I got I am going to pick me up one of those gauge sets so I can check the ac on all of the vehicles my family has
    It will really come in handy for my car(79 Chrysler cordoba) so I can put the proper freon level in it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.