Problems with my 2000 caddy...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Problems with my 2000 caddy... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Rookie Poster, 1st problem is the tailgate is loose. When closed you can shake it. 2nd problem is the headlight ...
    gamtire1200 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade 2000

Problems with my 2000 caddy...

Rookie Poster,

1st problem is the tailgate is loose. When closed you can shake it.

2nd problem is the headlight switch, when in the automatic on/off switch does not work - park lights and dashboard lights do not come on. When it is in upright position the park lights and dashboard lights come on. I recently had a guy change the switch and this did not solve the problem. I beleive there is some type of night sensor that is not functioning. How we find the short???

3rd Passenger front seat belt locks up. Will WD40 solve this problem, or do we have to get a complete new bracket.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gamtire1200
    Rookie Poster,

1st problem is the tailgate is loose. When closed you can shake it.

2nd problem is the headlight switch, when in the automatic on/off switch does not work - park lights and dashboard lights do not come on. When it is in upright position the park lights and dashboard lights come on. I recently had a guy change the switch and this did not solve the problem. I beleive there is some type of night sensor that is not functioning. How we find the short???

3rd Passenger front seat belt locks up. Will WD40 solve this problem, or do we have to get a complete new bracket.
    The lift gate could be a worn latch(s)

The headlight issue may be a bcm or a ground problem(if the drl's work then it is the the twilight sensor on the dash)

gamtire1200 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade 2000

Re: Problems with my 2000 caddy...

Thanks for the help.
    Where can I get a drawing of the latch I know u can adjust to tighten it up. A drawing would help

On the lights. I guess drl is day running lights. They work. I had a guy change light switch for $250. Must be the ground or twilight sensor.

Thanks.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gamtire1200
    Thanks for the help.
    Where can I get a drawing of the latch I know u can adjust to tighten it up. A drawing would help

On the lights. I guess drl is day running lights. They work. I had a guy change light switch for $250. Must be the ground or twilight sensor.

Thanks.
    I think there is a couple screws(not sure)

If the drls work then its not a ground issue I would say the twilight sensor is either covered or bad

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.