Cadillac Owners Forum banner

04 Escalade - Has anyone experienced this after install new Arnott rear shocks?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  the cadillac man 
#1 ·
I’m a little bummed out. I just installed the OEM replacement rear air shocks from Arnott on my 04 Escalade and I followed the direction they provided on their webpage:

I….
a) Disconnected the battery (neg).
b) Pulled out the fuses (STUD #1 and RTD)
c) Jacked up veh, took off tire, disconnected shock sensor, disconnected air lines and took off shocks.
d) Installed new shocks, connected air lines, shock sensors.
e) Replaced fuses then connected neg back to the battery.

Easy.....

When I started the vehicle, it immediately began to run rough. Idle was up and down. Normal then very, very low and after about 30 seconds it stalled. I took it for drive around the block hoping for a miracle it would fix itself. Stalled three times and I barely made home.

Prior to installing the new shocks I have never had any engine problems with my vehicle. It has always run great. Does anyone have any ideas and has this happened to anyone else. Could I have blown a fuse, did I pull the wrong fuses out in the first place, was it wrong to only disconnect the neg on the battery, etc?

Also, after the install, it appears the compressor pumps too much air into the rear shocks (jacked up rear and stiff ride). I had this problem before but it went away (or so I thought, this might have been why the shocks blow in the first place).

Any information on how to fix the issues is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help.

See less See more
#2 ·
campycaddy said:
I’m a little bummed out. I just installed the OEM replacement rear air shocks from Arnott on my 04 Escalade and I followed the direction they provided on their webpage:

I….
a) Disconnected the battery (neg).
b) Pulled out the fuses (STUD #1 and RTD)
c) Jacked up veh, took off tire, disconnected shock sensor, disconnected air lines and took off shocks.
d) Installed new shocks, connected air lines, shock sensors.
e) Replaced fuses then connected neg back to the battery.

Easy.....

When I started the vehicle, it immediately began to run rough. Idle was up and down. Normal then very, very low and after about 30 seconds it stalled. I took it for drive around the block hoping for a miracle it would fix itself. Stalled three times and I barely made home.

Prior to installing the new shocks I have never had any engine problems with my vehicle. It has always run great. Does anyone have any ideas and has this happened to anyone else. Could I have blown a fuse, did I pull the wrong fuses out in the first place, was it wrong to only disconnect the neg on the battery, etc?

Also, after the install, it appears the compressor pumps too much air into the rear shocks (jacked up rear and stiff ride). I had this problem before but it went away (or so I thought, this might have been why the shocks blow in the first place).

Any information on how to fix the issues is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help.
The ride stiffens some depending on the road conditions and speed

Now your engine idle
When you removed the battery cable it erased the pcm's learned idle position for the engine

Start it and let it run WHILE sitting(not driving) and let the truck relearn the idle position(that's why the tachometer is not steady) if you drive the truck it just prolongs the learning process

If the truck dies just restart it don't turn the key off till the engine idles steady

I let mine do this for almost a minute(you can have the door open while you do this if you want) before I put it in gear(it tends to lower the rpm)

Pull the battery cable if you want and relearn the idle position correctly(try it and you will thank me for it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.