Tune up
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Tune up in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My fuel mileage is kinda bad. Will a tune up help this problem out?? I have a 2004 escalade esv....
    jknight305 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Tune up

My fuel mileage is kinda bad. Will a tune up help this problem out?? I have a 2004 escalade esv.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    It could but that's not all u could do to SLIGHTLY improve your MPG

Plugs, wires, tires, alignment, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, fuel lines, oil change, Heavy Foot, Etc, IF they need to be considered

If ur seeing an average 12/14mpg, I think that's about all u get with that vehicle

I don't know if u have the gallons used or instant trip features but if so I would suggest you reset both and drive til u see 1.0 gallons fuel used and look at your instant trip... I think That's gonna be about all u get

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Tune up

Moved to the proper forum. This thread has nothing to do with warranty or dealership service problems.

jknight305 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks for the advice.

Silver04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 ESV

I just tuned up (pugs/wires) our 04ESV and put on new Michelins. On one part of a recent trip, pretty much all highway at 70mph, we had a 230 mile stretch where we got 20.39 mpg! My previous best was 19.30.

SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver04 View Post
    I just tuned up (pugs/wires) our 04ESV and put on new Michelins. On one part of a recent trip, pretty much all highway at 70mph, we had a 230 mile stretch where we got 20.39 mpg! My previous best was 19.30.
    Still gotta look at your instant trip vs gallons used

The avg mpg increase is good

But like I said

Reset your trip and your gallons used

Drive til 1gal is used and look at your trip

That's about what u get per gallon, assuming u drive without to many stop n go type traffic

In my 98 Deville...

I've put around 23 miles on a gallon before, but it was nonstop

In stop n go traffic I've seen it as low as 12miles on a gallon

Depends on how u drive

Practice a light foot, no racing to red lights or stop signs, and coasting with your foot off the gas pedal as much as u can

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance

my 03 ESV gets about 13 in town, 16-17 on the freeway... I did have it up to about 19 once when i was cruising around in Yellowstone all day, but its pretty laid back 50 MPH roads with lots of trees that block the wind.

crazymaci is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade
    Wow, im only getting 10.9 freeway, on a 05 shorty, looks likea tune up is in order

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymaci
    Wow, im only getting 10.9 freeway, on a 05 shorty, looks likea tune up is in order
    I have seen worse on mine before I did the tune up

Mine is a 03 shorty as you put it with the 6.0

Skier-24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV, White Diamond Pearl

I just returned from a short trip, about 175 miles. My ESV averaged 19.3 mpg on the highway and two lane road to get there. 18 mpg on the total trip that included a couple of short rides and traffic on the way home. Not bad in my opinion for a vehicle this size. Of course, I was easy on the accelerator pedal and drove the speed limit for the most part. I have noticed it seems to get better gas mileage around 65 or 70 mph. Earlier in the week we went from Chesterfield, VA to Nags Head, NC using Route 460. Speed limit was mostly 55 mph except for the speed traps. My average for the trip was 17.1 mpg.

If your mileage is significantly less, definitely try a tune up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier-24
    I just returned from a short trip, about 175 miles. My ESV averaged 19.3 mpg on the highway and two lane road to get there. 18 mpg on the total trip that included a couple of short rides and traffic on the way home. Not bad in my opinion for a vehicle this size. Of course, I was easy on the accelerator pedal and drove the speed limit for the most part. I have noticed it seems to get better gas mileage around 65 or 70 mph. Earlier in the week we went from Chesterfield, VA to Nags Head, NC using Route 460. Speed limit was mostly 55 mph except for the speed traps. My average for the trip was 17.1 mpg.

If your mileage is significantly less, definitely try a tune up.
    I put new plugs in my truck back of this and only sen a marginal increase in the average mpg

I have noticed my truck idles rough a bit so I may need a new coil pack or two sometime

Hmm, my caddy is in pretty tip top shape, but something is up. I just went on a 400 mile trip my counter said 11.1 but i went thru only one tank of gas, and i was scootin at 70_75 mph, but with a 26 gal tank i should only get 285 miles per tank at 11 mpg right? Maybe my counter didnt graduate

Hmm, my caddy is in pretty tip top shape, but something is up. I just went on a 400 mile trip my counter said 11.1 but i went thru only one tank of gas, and i was scootin at 70_75 mph, but with a 26 gal tank i should only get 285 miles per tank at 11 mpg right? Maybe my counter didnt graduate
    New plugs and maybe coil packs

I'll put that on my 100k tune up, but something must be wrong with the counter cause by my math i averaged at least 16 mpg, plus when i was camping in triple digit heat i had my baby taking couple hour naps in it with the ac on at idle, it maybe idle a total of 5-6 hrs as well

I'll put that on my 100k tune up, but something must be wrong with the counter cause by my math i averaged at least 16 mpg, plus when i was camping in triple digit heat i had my baby taking couple hour naps in it with the ac on at idle, it maybe idle a total of 5-6 hrs as well
    Idling will cut into the fuel economy(summer my counter shows 13.5 avg because I idle the truck to let it cool inside before I go anywhere due to it being black)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.