Traction activates needlessly
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Traction activates needlessly in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I can't seem to find the thread that deals with my problem. My 2005 Escalade, hesitates (loses power) makes a ...
    robs911 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Traction activates needlessly

I can't seem to find the thread that deals with my problem. My 2005 Escalade, hesitates (loses power) makes a rattling noise and the traction activated message comes on.When leaving a stop sign or light. This happens almost 85% of the time but never when first starting out. Apparently the computer shows no faults. The first time at my dealer they stated that they had a "bulletin" (or what ever GM calls it) and that they did a software thing. If that did not work we would have to replace the module. It helped but the problem slowly returned. When I brought it in the second time they did not think it was this module and they calibrated the tire size .... this did nothing. The dealership now thinks that they might try replacing front wheel speed sensors.
    I was under the impression this was a common problem and had a fix.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pmartell12 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): black 2003 ESV

Re: Traction activates needlessly

sounds like you need to change the wheel bearings, they have the wheel speed sensors built into them.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by robs911 View Post
    I can't seem to find the thread that deals with my problem. My 2005 Escalade, hesitates (loses power) makes a rattling noise and the traction activated message comes on.When leaving a stop sign or light. This happens almost 85% of the time but never when first starting out. Apparently the computer shows no faults. The first time at my dealer they stated that they had a "bulletin" (or what ever GM calls it) and that they did a software thing. If that did not work we would have to replace the module. It helped but the problem slowly returned. When I brought it in the second time they did not think it was this module and they calibrated the tire size .... this did nothing. The dealership now thinks that they might try replacing front wheel speed sensors.
    Hello robs911,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your Escalade. I would like to contact the dealership on your behalf concerning this situation. Since you are new to the forum, you will not be able to private message me, but could you send me some information to socialmedia@gm.com? I would need your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that you are currently working with. Thank you very much for your time, I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by robs911
    I had this happen and the reflash of the module helped

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by robs911
    Mine was wheel bearing, i used the tec 2 scanner to see the speed difference between wheels therefore activation traction control

robs911 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

It's Fixed!!!! Thanks for the help and especially Gregory at Cadillac Customer Service I took his advice and contacted the Canadian GM customer service. They helped with cooperation from the dealership. It was The wheel speed sensors as most of you thought,they replaced both.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by robs911 View Post
    It's Fixed!!!! Thanks for the help and especially Gregory at Cadillac Customer Service I took his advice and contacted the Canadian GM customer service. They helped with cooperation from the dealership. It was The wheel speed sensors as most of you thought,they replaced both.
    Hello robs911,

I am glad to hear that your Escalade is repaired! I am glad to hear that our Canadian team was able to assist you! Thank you very much for keeping us updated on your vehicles progress.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Stingray23 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm having the same issue with my 03 Escalade. I looked for the wheel speed sensors on gmpartsdirect.com but cant find them anywhere. Any clue where to find them?

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingray23 View Post
    I'm having the same issue with my 03 Escalade. I looked for the wheel speed sensors on gmpartsdirect.com but cant find them anywhere. Any clue where to find them?
    I looked up the wheel speed sensors at Oreilly's and they cost almost $100 each. For that price you might as well buy the front hub assembly for $20 more which includes new speed sensors.

Is this the one you're referring to?
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1879&ppt=C0033

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade

Is this the one you're referring to?
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1879&ppt=C0033
    Actually, I was referring to this one:
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1313&ppt=C0033

Quote Originally Posted by mikedyk43 View Post
    Actually, I was referring to this one:
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...1313&ppt=C0033
    Would I need 2 of them or just 1?

cashmereDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac DTS, 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Would I need 2 of them or just 1?
    I hate to be the one that says this but, you might have to replace the whole hub assembly which has a sensor in it that is usually the reason why these units fail. Most hub assemblies come with the external abs/speed sensor as well. The hub assembies vary in price. I`m skeptical of buying cheap hub assemblies, even if they say Timken or SKF, because there are a lot of them out there that are Chinese `knock offs`.

My 04 escalade is doing the same as yours. I`ve been putting it off for a white now but it has progressively gotten worse and I find that I`m constantly deactivating the traction control every time I start the vehicle to avoid the traction control kicking in for no reason.

With winter right around the corner, I`m going to have to bite the bullet and get them changed but the thought of paying $450 per hub assembly at the dealer makes my stomach turn lol.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by cashmereDTS
    I hate to be the one that says this but, you might have to replace the whole hub assembly which has a sensor in it that is usually the reason why these units fail. Most hub assemblies come with the external abs/speed sensor as well. The hub assembies vary in price. I`m skeptical of buying cheap hub assemblies, even if they say Timken or SKF, because there are a lot of them out there that are Chinese `knock offs`. My 04 escalade is doing the same as yours. I`ve been putting it off for a white now but it has progressively gotten worse and I find that I`m constantly deactivating the traction control every time I start the vehicle to avoid the traction control kicking in for no reason. With winter right around the corner, I`m going to have to bite the bullet and get them changed but the thought of paying $450 per hub assembly at the dealer makes my stomach turn lol.
    Well its better that then 1200 or more for a new bumper been there done that

cashmereDTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac DTS, 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Well its better that then 1200 or more for a new bumper been there done that
    Well said. Good point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.