Any Pics of B, C, & D pillar insulation on ESV (with interior trim removed)?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Any Pics of B, C, & D pillar insulation on ESV (with interior trim removed)? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Looking for pictures of the interior carcass of an ESV to see where and what kind of insulation there is ...
    NYS
    NYS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Any Pics of B, C, & D pillar insulation on ESV (with interior trim removed)?

Looking for pictures of the interior carcass of an ESV to see where and what kind of insulation there is in the B, C, & D pillars. I saw a couple of pics of a member's wrecked Esky (black, interior stripped, inside his garage) and saw some white stuffing in the pillars, and while wondering what it was, it seemed like a good idea to see if there are any other pictures around of the inside carcass of ESV so that a comparison could be made.

Anyone who may have stripped out their interiors to install Dynamat type of material, or other modifications, might have also snapped a few pics that would show what sort of insulation GM outfits the Escalade with versus the Platimum versus a Suburban etc.

I am particularly interested in seeing the pillars, as well as the area above the rear wheel wells.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by NYS
    Looking for pictures of the interior carcass of an ESV to see where and what kind of insulation there is in the B, C, & D pillars. I saw a couple of pics of a member's wrecked Esky (black, interior stripped, inside his garage) and saw some white stuffing in the pillars, and while wondering what it was, it seemed like a good idea to see if there are any other pictures around of the inside carcass of ESV so that a comparison could be made.

Anyone who may have stripped out their interiors to install Dynamat type of material, or other modifications, might have also snapped a few pics that would show what sort of insulation GM outfits the Escalade with versus the Platimum versus a Suburban etc.

I am particularly interested in seeing the pillars, as well as the area above the rear wheel wells.

Thanks!
    I have a regular escalade and the insulation is some thin stuff

But mine has little in the d pillars and is same above the rear wheels

NYS
    NYS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Any Pics of B, C, & D pillar insulation on ESV (with interior trim removed)?

By "stuff" do you mean jute padding, similar to what is put under carpets? A grayish colored mishmash of cloth fibers?

Or by stuff do you mean spray foam?

I think I'm gonna have to break down and figure out how to post pics of the areas I'm looking at. I've been registered here for a year, but haven't explored the nuances of this site as yet. I'm working on it.

Oh.. and if you have a regular Lade, then I'm still very much interested in the B pillar and C pillar padding, if any.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by NYS
    By "stuff" do you mean jute padding, similar to what is put under carpets? A grayish colored mishmash of cloth fibers?

Or by stuff do you mean spray foam?

I think I'm gonna have to break down and figure out how to post pics of the areas I'm looking at. I've been registered here for a year, but haven't explored the nuances of this site as yet. I'm working on it.

Oh.. and if you have a regular Lade, then I'm still very much interested in the B pillar and C pillar padding, if any.
    Is it the jute padding like is put under carpets its not spray foam by a long shot

I have to check my second row seat belts soon(they lock up when not needed)I will see if there is any behind them(I would say the b pillars are the same)

I would upload to a picture hosting site and post the links(can be done easier)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.