04 ext Shuts off randomly. - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 39 of 39
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 04 ext Shuts off randomly. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Well the dealer I'm dealing with is beginning to drive me crazy lol. They had me pick the truck up ...
  1. #31
    Bigrick31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    21

    Re: 04 ext Shuts off randomly.

    Well the dealer I'm dealing with is beginning to drive me crazy lol. They had me pick the truck up on Friday they said during their extensive diagnostic they found codes B2961 P1125 and C0455. They said that C0455 means that they need to reprogram the SES module which they did and then they reset the codes but the P1125 code wouldn't reset which they say means the app sensor is bad. I had previously replaced the app sensor which I told the dealer so they just inspected the wiring and said it looked good. So they said the truck was fixed and had me pick it up. When I had the truck towed to them this time they told me they would cover the tow if the problem was related to the last time I brought the truck in but when I went to pick up the truck they charged me $70 for the tow stating it was a different issue. It would seem to me if I bring the vehicle in because of the reduced engine power and service stability message and then a week later after its supposed to have been fixed I bring it in again for those same error messages that it would be considered the same problem. The bill this time came out to $370

    Any ways this morning I start the truck up and right away I get the service stability and reduced engine power messages. I'm going to be calling the dealer again later and have them pick the truck up from my house while I'm at work.

  2. #32
    Bigrick31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    21

    Re: 04 ext Shuts off randomly.

    Just got off the phone with Cadillac they said the truck will probably give me those error messages about 7-8 more times because the truck is going through the relearning process they said to just shut the truck off for 30 seconds and then it should reset the message and drive fine.

  3. #33
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,530

    Re: 04 ext Shuts off randomly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrick31 View Post
    Just got off the phone with Cadillac they said the truck will probably give me those error messages about 7-8 more times because the truck is going through the relearning process they said to just shut the truck off for 30 seconds and then it should reset the message and drive fine.
    Hello Bigrick31,

    I am sorry for any trouble you are experiencing with your Escalade. I see you were able to make contact with the dealer in regards to your issue. If there is anything you would like to further discuss, please reach out to us via private message.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  4. #34
    Bigrick31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    21

    Re: 04 ext Shuts off randomly.

    Well the truck has died on me another 10-15 times now and today it finally got to the point where shutting the truck off for 30 seconds and starting it again wont work. Once I start the truck I immediately get the same error messages as before. looks like the truck is going back to the dealer for round 3.

  5. #35
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrick31
    Well the truck has died on me another 10-15 times now and today it finally got to the point where shutting the truck off for 30 seconds and starting it again wont work. Once I start the truck I immediately get the same error messages as before. looks like the truck is going back to the dealer for round 3.
    Try a different PCM

  6. #36
    Bigrick31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    21

    Re: 04 ext Shuts off randomly.

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Try a different PCM
    I could try putting the old PCM back in well see what happens when the dealer calls back. They just came by to grab the old APPS they said they think the auto parts store gave me the wrong part and that usually the APPS comes with an entire pedal assembly which dosnt really make much sense to me. It seems like a waste of money to buy a new pedal when all you need is the sensor.

  7. #37
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrick31
    I could try putting the old PCM back in well see what happens when the dealer calls back. They just came by to grab the old APPS they said they think the auto parts store gave me the wrong part and that usually the APPS comes with an entire pedal assembly which dosnt really make much sense to me. It seems like a waste of money to buy a new pedal when all you need is the sensor.
    I find them saying the pedal and sensor has to be replaced

  8. #38
    Bigrick31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    21

    Re: 04 ext Shuts off randomly.

    It turns out the App sensor I bought from the auto parts store was defective. The dealer installed my old Apps and now the truck has been running smoothly all week.

  9. #39
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrick31
    It turns out the App sensor I bought from the auto parts store was defective. The dealer installed my old Apps and now the truck has been running smoothly all week.
    That's great to hear

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting