Suspension Pump Question - 2005 ESV
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Suspension Pump Question - 2005 ESV in Cadillac Escalade Forums; All: I have a 2005 ESV Platinum, and for the last couple of months the rear air compressor has been ...
    Aviator2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum

Suspension Pump Question - 2005 ESV

All:

I have a 2005 ESV Platinum, and for the last couple of months the rear air compressor has been going off much more often than normal. I have sprayed some window cleaner on the shocks and lines to for troubleshooting purposes, and the shocks themselves are leaking. Replacing them is the answer which I plan on doing, but scheduling the time to do this is difficult at the moment. What I would like to do is disable the pump as not to burn it out, and later next month plan a day for the repair. My local dealer has suggested to pull the VSES/ECAS fuse under the hood to remove power from the pump. The Suspension message came on the DIC as expected, then the pump came on which was not expected. Can anyone lead me to the proper fuse or relay and its location to un-power the pump? I looked at previous postings and one started by RobbieSegal in 2010 mentioned a relay outside of the box under the hood. When I looked there I could not find anything. It doesn't mean it wasn't there, I just did not find it as "it's a relay under the hood" is a little ambiguous.

Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator2005
    All:

I have a 2005 ESV Platinum, and for the last couple of months the rear air compressor has been going off much more often than normal. I have sprayed some window cleaner on the shocks and lines to for troubleshooting purposes, and the shocks themselves are leaking. Replacing them is the answer which I plan on doing, but scheduling the time to do this is difficult at the moment. What I would like to do is disable the pump as not to burn it out, and later next month plan a day for the repair. My local dealer has suggested to pull the VSES/ECAS fuse under the hood to remove power from the pump. The Suspension message came on the DIC as expected, then the pump came on which was not expected. Can anyone lead me to the proper fuse or relay and its location to un-power the pump? I looked at previous postings and one started by RobbieSegal in 2010 mentioned a relay outside of the box under the hood. When I looked there I could not find anything. It doesn't mean it wasn't there, I just did not find it as "it's a relay under the hood" is a little ambiguous.

Mark
    On my 03 the compressor relay is outside the under hood fuse box towards the engine
    Pull that relay and the compressor won't kick on

Re: Suspension Pump Question - 2005 ESV

Thank you, Cadillac Man. I went under the hood as soon as the rain stopped here in the Northeast and looked for the relay. The only thing I could find is a 1x1x2 gray box on the side of the fuse box. Since it was the only relay I could between the fuse box and the engine, this reduced my chance for failure (notice I said reduced, not eliminated). On the top of the relay was a manufacturer logo for "Omron", and the part number 12177235. This is attached to the side of the fuse box by a plastic hook, and simply pulling it up will remove it from its mooring. The relay itself can be removed from its wiring harness by pushing in on the plastic clip that secures the relay to the housing and separating the two pieces. When I turned the key to check for activation of the pump I didn't hear anything after waiting a good minute (usually it goes on after 10 sec), so I can count this as a success. Now the hunt for for the Monroe or AC Delco replacements begins. Once again, I appreciate your help.

Mark

Thank you, Cadillac Man. I went under the hood as soon as the rain stopped here in the Northeast and looked for the relay. The only thing I could find is a 1x1x2 gray box on the side of the fuse box. Since it was the only relay I could between the fuse box and the engine, this reduced my chance for failure (notice I said reduced, not eliminated). On the top of the relay was a manufacturer logo for "Omron", and the part number 12177235. This is attached to the side of the fuse box by a plastic hook, and simply pulling it up will remove it from its mooring. The relay itself can be removed from its wiring harness by pushing in on the plastic clip that secures the relay to the housing and separating the two pieces. When I turned the key to check for activation of the pump I didn't hear anything after waiting a good minute (usually it goes on after 10 sec), so I can count this as a success. Now the hunt for for the Monroe or AC Delco replacements begins. Once again, I appreciate your help.

Mark
    Glad to help

Now the replacement just has to match the numbers it doesn't have to look like the old relay

Re: Suspension Pump Question - 2005 ESV

Thanks. I'll re-install the relay when I change the shocks. In the mean time, I've bought some peace of mind that I won't inadvertently burn out the pump.

Thanks. I'll re-install the relay when I change the shocks. In the mean time, I've bought some peace of mind that I won't inadvertently burn out the pump.
    Glad to help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.