Heated Seat issue, and right side of dash blowing hot air with AC on cold...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Heated Seat issue, and right side of dash blowing hot air with AC on cold... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello,My 2004 EXT with 120k on the odo has 2 ANNOYING things going on.1. The drivers seats heated option constantly ...
    clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Heated Seat issue, and right side of dash blowing hot air with AC on cold...

Hello,My 2004 EXT with 120k on the odo has 2 ANNOYING things going on.1. The drivers seats heated option constantly turns on and off, just cycling through low/med/high/off,,, often times moreso when it has rained outside or during humid times which suggests to me a short of some type or water getting where it shouldnt? I have read about simular problems with caddys and tahoes, but no definative fix. Any ideas? I am not opposed to simply loosing the heated option, but it is not as simple as yanking a fuse due to that fuse being tied into the ignition I believe. For now I have unplugged a main harness under the seat,,,, no more heat, but no more power seat either, which isnt cool!2. Speaking of cool, or lackthereof, when my AC is cranked on cold, especially with lower blowers on, the passanger side blows HOT air. Sure the AC could probably be topped off to make it colder, but still there is a HUGE difference in temperature. Any ideas on this? I am not an AC guy, but wondering if it is a faulty actuator (they click alot), or perhaps the actual heater controls??? I dunno, but its annoying!Really it needs to get looked at, but I wanted to have some clues before someone else starts guessing at it...ThanksNate

----------

... and sorry my post is ONE big paragraph,,, It auto did that for some reason????

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

65kaiser is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Heated Seat issue, and right side of dash blowing hot air with AC on cold...

The AC is most probably a bad actuator very common problem. Mine does it on the drivers side but not very often. Unfortunatly for you the pass side is the harder to get to.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by clk199
    Hello,My 2004 EXT with 120k on the odo has 2 ANNOYING things going on.1. The drivers seats heated option constantly turns on and off, just cycling through low/med/high/off,,, often times moreso when it has rained outside or during humid times which suggests to me a short of some type or water getting where it shouldnt? I have read about simular problems with caddys and tahoes, but no definative fix. Any ideas? I am not opposed to simply loosing the heated option, but it is not as simple as yanking a fuse due to that fuse being tied into the ignition I believe. For now I have unplugged a main harness under the seat,,,, no more heat, but no more power seat either, which isnt cool!2. Speaking of cool, or lackthereof, when my AC is cranked on cold, especially with lower blowers on, the passanger side blows HOT air. Sure the AC could probably be topped off to make it colder, but still there is a HUGE difference in temperature. Any ideas on this? I am not an AC guy, but wondering if it is a faulty actuator (they click alot), or perhaps the actual heater controls??? I dunno, but its annoying!Really it needs to get looked at, but I wanted to have some clues before someone else starts guessing at it...ThanksNate

----------

... and sorry my post is ONE big paragraph,,, It auto did that for some reason????
    The seat warmer issue is because of the seat module under the seat

Before replacing the module I would check the wiring to make sure none are chaffed

Nate if you need a service manual to use let me know

shook is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Heated Seat issue, and right side of dash blowing hot air with AC on cold...

My AC was doing the same thing very hot one side cold the other, i read to try disconecting the battery for about a half hour and i did, it reversed the AC problem to the other side cold and driver hot as heck, I did the battery again disconect half hour and low and behold cold on both sides, i have not touched the controls since cause it works fine set at 71 degrees.

65devilleConvert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1965 DeVille Convertible, 2004 Escalade ESV

Yep passenger heat is accuator issue. about $140 for the part from advance auto (you can actually repair them...I took drivers side apart and repaired). Didn't want to chance that on the passenger side as its about 5-7 hours of work. Entire dash has to come out! I just did it on ours last weekend! Stupid for such a small little part. Let me know if you have questions on the repair if your going to tackle it yourself. I heard a dealer wants over a grand to do it!

clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks! Had a local shop do the actuator, and unplugged the seat. I may try to disable the seating element on my own since its not as simple as pulling a fuse. More research needed on that, but an is working well!

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

U don't have to pull dash for actuator. The black cover on passenger side floor is all u need to remove to replace actuator

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by bigirb2002
    U don't have to pull dash for actuator. The black cover on passenger side floor is all u need to remove to replace actuator
    That's for the drivers side actuator the passenger side you do have to pull the dash

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.