Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 2000 escalade stalling out

  1. #1
    adr83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 escalade
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3

    2000 escalade stalling out

    Hey everyone. Been lurking in the shaddows for a bit. 2000 escalade recently started stalling out truck. The problem began a few weeks ago we went camping and on the way the road consisted of multiple up hill stretches. Truck first looses power, then dies. Codes read were the mad, plugs and o2 sensor. I cleaned the maf and throttle body as I read they are suspect. Then replaced
    Maf as stalling continued. Truck doesn't always stall out.. they wife says she noticed that its been happening when the gas gauge reads less than a 1/8 of a tank. But its not stalling cause of no
    Gas. It starts back up after cranking for 2-5 seconds longer than usuall. I was starting to think
    Maybe bad fuel filter. Fuel pump and fiilter both replaced bout 8 months ago. I'd appreciate any idea guys .. thanks in advance


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by adr83
    Hey everyone. Been lurking in the shaddows for a bit. 2000 escalade recently started stalling out truck. The problem began a few weeks ago we went camping and on the way the road consisted of multiple up hill stretches. Truck first looses power, then dies. Codes read were the mad, plugs and o2 sensor. I cleaned the maf and throttle body as I read they are suspect. Then replaced
    Maf as stalling continued. Truck doesn't always stall out.. they wife says she noticed that its been happening when the gas gauge reads less than a 1/8 of a tank. But its not stalling cause of no
    Gas. It starts back up after cranking for 2-5 seconds longer than usuall. I was starting to think
    Maybe bad fuel filter. Fuel pump and fiilter both replaced bout 8 months ago. I'd appreciate any idea guys .. thanks in advance
    Any strange smells?
    Is the check engine light on or flashing when the truck loses power?
    Is the reduced engine power message displayed (if truck has the message center)

    02 sensors could possibly be wiring(for the 02 sensors) or the catalytic convertors are failing from age

    Longer crank time means bad fuel pump(ps you are slowly killing the pump by letting the fuel level get that low as it needs fuel around it to keep it cool)

  4. #3
    adr83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 escalade
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3

    Re: 2000 escalade stalling out

    Check engine light went away after using sea foam for throttle body. No message. I've been reading that it might be a clogged fuel sock?

  5. #4
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by adr83
    Check engine light went away after using sea foam for throttle body. No message. I've been reading that it might be a clogged fuel sock?
    It has to be cleaned ever so often as carbon build up will impede its performance(I had it happen to me and had the truck die in the middle of the road as I was making a turn not a good feeling for sure)

  6. #5
    adr83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 escalade
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3

    Re: 2000 escalade stalling out

    Well, I'm back. I ended up taking of the throttle body and sensors to clean em since the problem continued and Engine light returned. Haven't been able to get it scanned again. It seems to only act up when the gas tank sits under a quarter tank. Fuel pump was replaced but im thinking it might be it. It give no other symptoms, just stalls, and sometimes if you let off the gas, it continue to stay running until you either get back on the gas or sharp turn, like and right hand turn.

  7. #6
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    11,884
    Quote Originally Posted by adr83
    Well, I'm back. I ended up taking of the throttle body and sensors to clean em since the problem continued and Engine light returned. Haven't been able to get it scanned again. It seems to only act up when the gas tank sits under a quarter tank. Fuel pump was replaced but im thinking it might be it. It give no other symptoms, just stalls, and sometimes if you let off the gas, it continue to stay running until you either get back on the gas or sharp turn, like and right hand turn.
    There is a fuel filter on this year of truck and it sounds like it needs replacing


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum