05 Escalade Blower Module/Resistor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 05 Escalade Blower Module/Resistor in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My sister has an 05 Escalade with a blower problem. It works intermittently & will sometimes stay on even after ...
    Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls

05 Escalade Blower Module/Resistor

My sister has an 05 Escalade with a blower problem. It works intermittently & will sometimes stay on even after the car is shut off. I've searched the boards & the problem appears to be the blower motor resistor/module. Is there a separate resistor & a separate module or are they the same thing? People appear to interchange them but I have also seen them referenced independently. The resistor appears to be near the blower. If there is a blower module, where is that located?

Thanks,

Max

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximln
    My sister has an 05 Escalade with a blower problem. It works intermittently & will sometimes stay on even after the car is shut off. I've searched the boards & the problem appears to be the blower motor resistor/module. Is there a separate resistor & a separate module or are they the same thing? People appear to interchange them but I have also seen them referenced independently. The resistor appears to be near the blower. If there is a blower module, where is that located?

Thanks,

Max
    Contrar to what most people think the blower is controlled by a module just next to the blower motor

You will have to remove the hush/kick panel on the bottom of the dash in order to get to the module its held in with three screws(7mm socket if I am not mistaken) one is in a tight spot by the tranny hump remove those screws and the panel will come out allowing access to the blower and module

reddzspace22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext
    Blower motor resister is on the passenger side below the dash/kick panel remove the 3 screws 7mm the panel will come down once panel is removed you will see a few wires going into blower motor with a connector at one end that is the resister along with two 7mm screws holding it into blower assembly. The resisters go bad over time should take care of your problem once replaced

Re: 05 Escalade Blower Module/Resistor

Thanks for the replies guys. I just checked with the parts department. They are saying that my Escalade has both a resistor & a module. The resistor part # is 22807123 & the module part # is 19260762. Now I'm more confused! lol Anyone have any idea which one does what & where they are located? The parts guy said most likely it would be the resistor. They sell a lot of them.

Max

I replaced the blower motor resistor. I had to splice the new one in. Everything seemed to go well except that I still have no blower. Do you think it probably the blower motor itself?

Thanks,

Max

I replaced the blower motor resistor. I had to splice the new one in. Everything seemed to go well except that I still have no blower. Do you think it probably the blower motor itself?

Thanks,

Max
    Remove the blower and secure it to a table and bench test it with 12 volts it is likely it failed and took out the blower module hence why it won't work now with the new moule

I finally ended up taking the Escalade in to the dealer. It ended up only being a fuse! Now it blows as cold as ever!

Max

I finally ended up taking the Escalade in to the dealer. It ended up only being a fuse! Now it blows as cold as ever! Max
    Glad to hear you got it fixed
    Glad to help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.