Installed Corvette Servo
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Installed Corvette Servo in Cadillac Escalade Forums; After hearing about it on this site, and doing some research, I went for it. Was really hoping to eliminate ...
    Jophusp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500

Installed Corvette Servo

After hearing about it on this site, and doing some research, I went for it. Was really hoping to eliminate the occasional, very sluggish upshift from 2-3gear, especially at hard throttle. There are alot of good walkthroughs out there, so I did not worry about taking pictures, but if anyone else is contemplating this, I figured i would share my experience. It was a fairly easy install. overall it took me nearly 2 hours, but I am not the fastest mechanic out there, and I wanted to get it right the first time. I have a 2003 escalade XS-500, with Borla exhaust, so I do not know if the heat shield is different in stock, but that had to be un-bolted from the tranny, and pulled down out of the way. A 2x4 fit perfectly between the servo cover, and the floor liner, freeing up both hands, which was a big help on the re-install. There is not enough room to pull the servo out, without pulling the spring off the pin while it is still in the tranny, but that was not too hard. If you take your time, make sure everything is put together correctly the first time, its really not that hard. Make sure to lube everything up real good. Getting that final pin back in with two hands is not that hard, with one, nearly impossible. Check for leaks, put heat shield back on. I lost a quart on Tranny fluid, so I replaced with Lucas. Went for a little drive, and now I have a huge smile on my face. BEST 20 BUCKS I ever spent. First my 1-2 is crisp, and firm, all the slip is gone from my 2-3 shift, and it is firm, and quick as well. easy city driving is firm, but just right, not rough by any means, hit it hard, and it responds as it should. I recommend it to everyone, and will never own another 4L60+ without it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophusp
    After hearing about it on this site, and doing some research, I went for it. Was really hoping to eliminate the occasional, very sluggish upshift from 2-3gear, especially at hard throttle. There are alot of good walkthroughs out there, so I did not worry about taking pictures, but if anyone else is contemplating this, I figured i would share my experience. It was a fairly easy install. overall it took me nearly 2 hours, but I am not the fastest mechanic out there, and I wanted to get it right the first time. I have a 2003 escalade XS-500, with Borla exhaust, so I do not know if the heat shield is different in stock, but that had to be un-bolted from the tranny, and pulled down out of the way. A 2x4 fit perfectly between the servo cover, and the floor liner, freeing up both hands, which was a big help on the re-install. There is not enough room to pull the servo out, without pulling the spring off the pin while it is still in the tranny, but that was not too hard. If you take your time, make sure everything is put together correctly the first time, its really not that hard. Make sure to lube everything up real good. Getting that final pin back in with two hands is not that hard, with one, nearly impossible. Check for leaks, put heat shield back on. I lost a quart on Tranny fluid, so I replaced with Lucas. Went for a little drive, and now I have a huge smile on my face. BEST 20 BUCKS I ever spent. First my 1-2 is crisp, and firm, all the slip is gone from my 2-3 shift, and it is firm, and quick as well. easy city driving is firm, but just right, not rough by any means, hit it hard, and it responds as it should. I recommend it to everyone, and will never own another 4L60+ without it.
    Glad to hear the experience was great

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.