Someone Broke into my 04 ext. How did they do it???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Someone Broke into my 04 ext. How did they do it??? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Just this past wednesday 6/26/13 my escalade ext was broken into while i was at the mall. They did not ...
    reddzspace22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext

Someone Broke into my 04 ext. How did they do it???

Just this past wednesday 6/26/13 my escalade ext was broken into while i was at
    the mall. They did not break any windows nor did they break the door handles!so i would like to know just how they got in?? i did lock and set the factory alarm when i park it. 20 mins later i came out of the store notice some wires on the floor next to
    my driver door looked inside my ext and seen that my nav unit had been stolen
    along with my iPod they broke the dash bezel/trim piece to pull radio out and
    scuffed my center consule lid up pretty bad. just trying to get some info if this has
    happen to anyone else and if so what did you find as to how they got in without
    breaking a window or setting alarm off???? thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by reddzspace22
    Just this past wednesday 6/26/13 my escalade ext was broken into while i was at
    the mall. They did not break any windows nor did they break the door handles!so i would like to know just how they got in?? i did lock and set the factory alarm when i park it. 20 mins later i came out of the store notice some wires on the floor next to
    my driver door looked inside my ext and seen that my nav unit had been stolen
    along with my iPod they broke the dash bezel/trim piece to pull radio out and
    scuffed my center consule lid up pretty bad. just trying to get some info if this has
    happen to anyone else and if so what did you find as to how they got in without
    breaking a window or setting alarm off???? thanks for reading.
    Has the door handle been damaged?

If yes then they used a screwdriver to punch out the door lock to gain access to the lock plunger to unlock the truck

Sucks that they stole your radio and damaged your truck it was low that they stole your iPod along with the radio

There was another member had this happen when I was helping him install a media gateway via email

I worry about this happening to me sometime

All door handles and lock cylinders are intact and ok no damage at all. really confused on to how they got in? Without breaking a window or door handle or setting off alarm.

Jophusp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500

Re: Someone Broke into my 04 ext. How did they do it???

Chances are they used some kind of wedge to pry the top part of your door open, just wide enough to send a long "tool" down to your power lock button, and gained access that way. I have done this before when I was locked out of my avalanche in no mans land. The alarm did not go off, and you can get in, in less then a minute, especially if you know what your doing.

Thanks on the reply that makes more sense on how they might off gotten in I have seen those kits they sell

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

its called a slim jim! lol...works like a charm! only reason I know is because we own a couple car lots and use one all the time! ....

rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
    Slim jims are easy to make too. Metal straping and a couple notches and bam slim jim. Made a few when i worked in a lumber yard. The dang drivers were always locking there keys in the trucks and this is how we got in them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater
    Slim jims are easy to make too. Metal straping and a couple notches and bam slim jim. Made a few when i worked in a lumber yard. The dang drivers we always locking there keys in the trucks and this is how we got in them all the time.
    My uncle had to use one because he locked his keys in his car one time he made one in no time
    rfishoutofwater likes this.

Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT

ABC News had a story about an unknown device bad guys are using to electronically access locked vehicles.

Part of the story mentions it not working on a older Cadillac...

I cannot get the video to work right now..but I am in a remote location tonight. Maybe you will have better luck.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/car-t...olice-18891078

Quote Originally Posted by Logandiagnostic
    ABC News had a story about an unknown device bad guys are using to electronically access locked vehicles.

Part of the story mentions it not working on a older Cadillac...

I cannot get the video to work right now..but I am in a remote location tonight. Maybe you will have better luck.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/car-t...olice-18891078
    I don't think that trick will work on our trucks as the remote has a rolling code (my uncle told me) but I would still be cautious

Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT

I would think rolling codes would be pretty much a industry standard for the last 15 years. Certainly not just GM products.

Also, the ABC story is based only about a 100 miles from where the original poster is..

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man

I don't think that trick will work on our trucks as the remote has a rolling code (my uncle told me) but I would still be cautious
    Oh it works.....

Quote Originally Posted by wesyder

Oh it works.....
    I haven't seen any cases of it happening except with the foreign cars

John P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 6.0
    Signal jammer.

Works for tv remotes etc aswell. They hold the button down on the jammer and you walk away and press the button and assume its locked, but they stopped the signal from telling it to lock. Cheap to buy and easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by John P
    Signal jammer.

Works for tv remotes etc aswell. They hold the button down on the jammer and you walk away and press the button and assume its locked, but they stopped the signal from telling it to lock. Cheap to buy and easy to get.
    It wouldn't work on me as I always look back at the truck for confirmation that I see the lights flash plus I have it set to where on the second press it sounds the horn

I only had one time that it didn't do either but I checked to make sure it was locked

I never assume its locked I know its locked when I lock my truck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.