Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Front end or transfer case issue?

Front end or transfer case issue?

Hey guys I recently picked up an 03 ext with 102k on the clock.. It has had 24" rims on it for a few years which I know causes problems for frequently.. The problem I'm having is if I stop at a stop sign and give it gas the front end bangs a little like its trying to catch up to the engine.. If I really ease into the throttle it doesn't happen, any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by gtpimp
    Hey guys I recently picked up an 03 ext with 102k on the clock.. It has had 24" rims on it for a few years which I know causes problems for frequently.. The problem I'm having is if I stop at a stop sign and give it gas the front end bangs a little like its trying to catch up to the engine.. If I really ease into the throttle it doesn't happen, any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    It could be the transfer case but you would need a helper and nerves to get under the truck while its running and have the helper work through the gears while watching for movement

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by gtpimp
    Possible motor mount from your description

Re: Front end or transfer case issue?

Ok thanks, one other thing is the gear shifter is pretty loud especially going back and fourth from D to R and R to D, some chatter maybe something can be lubed up? I just changed my front & rear diff along with transfer case oil as well..

Re: Front end or transfer case issue?

Possibly U- joints.