Power steering pump whine... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Power steering pump whine... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I bought Auto Zone tensioners, both main serpentine and AC. I have had no issues with them....
    jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

Re: Power steering pump whine...

I bought Auto Zone tensioners, both main serpentine and AC. I have had no issues with them.

spirit man is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just left the dealership for the whine noise. They said my steering gear box was leaking and needed to be replaced. The part is $522 with 3 hours of labor. The total was $916. Has anyone done this? I saw a reman unit for $300.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit man
    I just left the dealership for the whine noise. They said my steering gear box was leaking and needed to be replaced. The part is $522 with 3 hours of labor. The total was $916. Has anyone done this? I saw a reman unit for $300.
    Ouch I would of asked if they could have got you a cheaper price my dealer does when I ask

Pitbull14218 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond EXT

Quote Originally Posted by spirit man View Post
    I just had steering box replaced for $340 out the door, they said the part was $200 and 2 hours labor.

Pitbull14218 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond EXT

Also just fixed my belt squeal, it was because when i installed the power steering pulley I didnt install it far enough so the belt was squealing. Went to Autozone and used their tools

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull14218
    Also just fixed my belt squeal, it was because when i installed the power steering pulley I didnt install it far enough so the belt was squealing. Went to Autozone and used their tools
    That's great

I'm getting another shop to do it for $500 on Wednesday with a lifetime warranty on the box. They will also handle the labor if it stops working again.

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

hey grab a can of lubro moly mos2(from napa) put 75% in the oil and put the rest in powersteering pump. trust me you wont regret

So I had the steering gearbox replaced. However, I can still hear the noise when the truck has warmed up when I turn to the left. It's not every time, but it's annoying as all get out! I contacted the shop that did the work and they said check the oil level and add if needed. Well, I didn't drive it for 2 days. I was a little below the cold level. I filled as needed. It still does it. I need this noise gone!

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

put about 20% lubro moly in ps fluid and pour the rest in the oil.(this will make ur truck a ps unit smooth). now time to bleed. then jack the truck up so both front wheels is off the ground. take cap off power steering unit. turn key on but dont start. turn the wheel all the way left then all the way right. repeat 100 times. lower truck start. if noise still there repeat the bleeding process

SugsPa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2008 STS-V

My escalade is doing the same. My wife called me and said she can't hardly turn the wheel to the left but it turns just fine to the right. It goes in the shop tomorrow to find out what the problem is. I'll post it on here when I know. It had a remanufactured steering gear box put on it less than a year ago.

SugsPa

It was the steering gear. It was just replaced last November with a remanufactured gear. GM gets to pick up the tab this time to replace it, parts and labor under warranty.

SugsPa

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SugsPa View Post
    It was the steering gear. It was just replaced last November with a remanufactured gear. GM gets to pick up the tab this time to replace it, parts and labor under warranty.

SugsPa
    Hello SugsPa,

I am sorry for the steering gear issue you experienced with your Escalade. I am glad the dealer is able to replace this for you under parts and labor warranty coverage. If there are ever additional concerns or questions that arise, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks Laura,

So far the dealer is taking care of it. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

SugsPa

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SugsPa View Post
    Thanks Laura,

So far the dealer is taking care of it. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

SugsPa
    You are welcome, SugsPa. I hope your Escalade is back in your hands tomorrow and working properly!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.