Condensation in front Headlights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Condensation in front Headlights in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm curious if anyone has had problems with condensation in front Headlights. I had went to check on my Landcruiser ...
    Xrayqueen is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Question Condensation in front Headlights

I'm curious if anyone has had problems with condensation in front Headlights. I had went to check on my Landcruiser at the bodyshop it's being repainted. My bodyshop guy noticed I had condensation in my front Headlights of Mr. Lucky. He said I should immediately take it to Caddy Dealer. I took it the next day and the Caddy service manager is telling me he has to see if it is covered under extended warranty. He said it was a gasket. He then told me to take it to their on site body shop. The Caddy body shop guy said it was a common ocurrence with Escalades. He said the only way to fix it was to replace the headlights or he could remove them and silicone seal them. I talked to my body guy who saw the problem first and told him what Caddy bodyshop people said. He said that the lights would have to dry for quite sometime or condensation would still be sealed within the lights. Also under extended warranty it does not look like seal beams are covered. If anyone has encountered this issue I would appreciate any feed back. I don't see any recalls regarding this problem. Thanks in advance.
    Peace

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DBrisson Guest

Re: Condensation in front Headlights

I had my fogs show condensation and it was the sealant that failed, just as you said. The Fogs are sealed with sealant and it looks like the main beams are gasket and sealant. I was under the initial warranty so they were replaced easily.

The extended warranty should cover it just like a body part or assembly. I do see some main lights hit ebay from time to time.

D.Brisson
    04 Black escalade.

rbatt2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 ESV Platinum and 1976 Eldorado Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayqueen
    Also under extended warranty it does not look like seal beams are covered. If anyone has encountered this issue I would appreciate any feed back. I don't see any recalls regarding this problem. Thanks in advance.
    Peace
    Sealed beams are old style units. The Escalade head lights are assemblies with replaceable bulbs not sealed beams so they should be covered under the initial manufacturer warranty and/or an extended warranty. Don't let anyone convince you that condensation is normal.

S DOT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Angry Re: Condensation in front Headlights

I had the same problem and bot the same BS answer by the dealer. They told me that cadillac is aware of the problem. I then made a formal complaint with Cadillac's customer service which I suggest you do the same. It is not until these manufacturers feel that we will no longer be future Cadillac owners, will they listen and fix the problem. This vehicle cost too much to have a BS flaw in its headlights or corner lenses.

Unhappy Re: Condensation in front Headlights

Thanks for the information everyone. I'll be on it tomorrow. I've made 3 calls to the General Manager with no return call from him. So I will do a face to face tomorrow So wish me luck. It's really a pisser when company's don't want to stand behind their product.
    Peace

S DOT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: Condensation in front Headlights

What Ever Happened With Your Meeting With The General Manager? By The Way What Kind Of Exhaust Tips Do U Have On Your Truck?

Talking Re: Condensation in front Headlights

Quote Originally Posted by S DOT
    What Ever Happened With Your Meeting With The General Manager? By The Way What Kind Of Exhaust Tips Do U Have On Your Truck?
    Hi Dot, I took Mr. Lucky to Martin Caddy dealer. I told them I could not work with the service manager they assigned me so therefore I wanted to speak with the General Manager. I explained the condensation issue with him. He called GMC warranty. They did not want to fix the problem. They said it was not covered. So the General Manager suggested I call GMC warranty directly. They were very nice. I Told them my truck only has 35,000 miles on it. So they got back in touch with Martin Caddy dealer and they agreed to do a one time replacement on the light units The exhaust system came out great I posted pictures under "Need thoughts on dynomax exhaust systems" (If you want to see them) The exhaust is a dual dynomax. It has a nice sound not to mellow and not to loud just right You can really feel the difference in Hp. Total cost was $620.00. If you have any other ????'s
    feel free to ask. Have a nice weekend.
    Peace

hal72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I had some condensation in the left fog light, but it is almost gone... but since is it a common problem i guess it will come again. did you have it in the fog light or the "main" lights?? if there is just some condensation will it eventually damage the light?

Lightbulb Re: Condensation in front Headlights

Quote Originally Posted by hal72
    I had some condensation in the left fog light, but it is almost gone... but since is it a common problem i guess it will come again. did you have it in the fog light or the "main" lights?? if there is just some condensation will it eventually damage the light?

Hi Hal, I have the condensation in the main lights. If the headlights are not replaced per Body shop the lights will eventually stop working due to bulb assembly corrosion (rust). They can try and silicone seal them, but all the condensation must be gone first. The proper fix is to replace the whole light unit. Caddy dealer knows of the problem so I would get it taken cared of. Speak with the head Service manager or General manager. The little guy's will try and tell you it isn't cover. If all fails call GMC warranty. They are very understanding. Good luck
    Peace

hal72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Thanks Queen good to know, I will tried do get it fixed on the warrant!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Im sort of on the fence on this one. You know I like to put the screws to em whenever I can about not properly handling our issues, but at least in my opinion, I think I can see the possibility of headlight condensation not being covered as with Halogens unless there is a marked amount of water sitting inside the light (and even then ALOT), condensation does not hurt their operation. If these were xenon lights I would say absolutely, but Im not sure why the bodyshop guy urged you to get to the dealer with such haste in this case, he must have thought that they were xenon assemblies.

I tried to get Cadillac to own up to the Xenon's in my 2001 STS being clouded over on the lenses due to severe pitting, and they wouldnt fix it.

Smile Re: Condensation in front Headlights

No, the body shop wasn't trying to sell me lights I never knew I had condensation until I went to my private body shop to check on their progress in painting my landcruiser. My wonderful body shop guy Meidi was giving the Caddy the once over and noticed the condensation. He said I should take it straight to Caddy dealer and have it repaired. Their not about $$$ their about safety. Caddy dealer also was concerned that light bulb assembly would eventually corrode. If assembly is ok they could silicon seal it, but if it corroded then you have to replace the entire unit At the tune of $350.00 per side So thank God they are going to do work under warranty.
    Peace

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.