Oil change esv 2006
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Oil change esv 2006 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Just curious as to what to go by when changing oil. I have been prompt on all my oil changes ...
    escalade addict is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Oil change esv 2006

Just curious as to what to go by when changing oil. I have been prompt on all my oil changes and I go by what the next distance is even if my DIC tells me it's still 50% oil life. Should I wait for the oil life to go less than 40% or go by the distance ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by escalade addict
    Just curious as to what to go by when changing oil. I have been prompt on all my oil changes and I go by what the next distance is even if my DIC tells me it's still 50% oil life. Should I wait for the oil life to go less than 40% or go by the distance ?
    I wait till it gets to 25% before I change my oil and haven't had a problem

Silver04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 ESV
    I wait til les than 10%. I have stuck with Mobil 1 and I spring for the Bosch long life filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04
    I wait til les than 10%. I have stuck with Mobil 1 and I spring for the Bosch long life filter.
    That's kinda of a long wait to change the oil

escalade addict is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks for your input gentlemen. I guess im still good I still have 40%

Quote Originally Posted by escalade addict
    Thanks for your input gentlemen. I guess im still good I still have 40%
    Yep you still have a good amount of oil life left

rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
    I also wait until 10%. I use the K&N oil filters and valvoline synthetic oil! I do check my oil weekly and my oil is always nice and clean. Not black like some after only 3500 miles. By the time mine reaches 10% im usually around 7500 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater
    I also wait until 10%. I use the K&N oil filters and valvoline synthetic oil! I do check my oil weekly and my oil is always nice and clean. Not black like some after only 3500 miles. By the time mine reaches 10% im usually around 7500 miles.
    I usually hit the same mileage and it shows the same percent but I change at 25% now as I don't like going that long between oil changes

I might send an oil sample off to blackstone for analysis. I have done that in the past for my diesel f350 and they can tell you how well your oil is doing and at what intervals to change. My diesel truck gets changed every 10-12k running full synthetic. i still change the oil filter every 4-5k.

I have installed a fumoto vavle on both my F350 and the escalade. This makes taking samples and oil changes a breeze..

I might send an oil sample off to blackstone for analysis. I have done that in the past for my diesel f350 and they can tell you how well your oil is doing and at what intervals to change. My diesel truck gets changed every 10-12k running full synthetic. i still change the oil filter every 4-5k.

I have installed a fumoto vavle on both my F350 and the escalade. This makes taking samples and oil changes a breeze..
    Cool let us know the results when you get them

Will do. Im due for an oil change in the next week or so before we head out on vacation. Driving from wa to so cal for 2 weeks. Ill send off this current oil and sew what it comes back as. Here is there link of anyone is interested. They send you the kit for free. The analysis is $25. well worth it.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

also here is the link to the fumoto valve.

http://www.qwikvalve.com/?gclid=COeD...FUbhQgod9wUAUA

Will do. Im due for an oil change in the next week or so before we head out on vacation. Driving from wa to so cal for 2 weeks. Ill send off this current oil and sew what it comes back as. Here is there link of anyone is interested. They send you the kit for free. The analysis is $25. well worth it.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

also here is the link to the fumoto valve.

http://www.qwikvalve.com/?gclid=COeD...FUbhQgod9wUAUA
    The valve would do great for me

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Re: Oil change esv 2006

Quote Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater View Post

Does the 6.0 pan require the adapter piece they sell?

----------

I go between 6,000-8,300 miles between oil changes, depending on what the OLM says. I had the oil tested last April by Blackstone, and they said all was well with the engine at 83,000 miles on it (99,000 now). They recommended trying 10,000 miles on my oil changes. I don't think the OLM will let it go to 10,000 miles before reading 0%. My advice would be to change it before the OLM reads 0% and you'll be good!
    I also use a larger oil filter. The filters for a Northstar are bigger and fit, so I just use the same filter that my 2000 STS uses, and have been for the past 50K miles.

Yes. You will need the adapter. Whats the filter part number you use? I like the idea of a larger filter.

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Re: Oil change esv 2006

Quote Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater View Post
    Yes. You will need the adapter. Whats the filter part number you use? I like the idea of a larger filter.
    Thanks. I usually use a Purolator PL25288 or a NAPA Gold 1522. Either way, if you search for a filter for a 2000 STS, that'll fit the Escalade 6.0 just fine! It's amazing how small the filter is on the 6.0!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.