Aftermarket headlight ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Aftermarket headlight ? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Been trying to do some research but coming up short, war black housing headlights for my 04 ext but for ...
    Machinehead is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 escalade

Aftermarket headlight ?

Been trying to do some research but coming up short, war black housing headlights for my 04 ext but for some (Weird) reason none of the appealing ones are compatible with the HID's. is there a way around this? Perhaps aftermarket HID's to match the aftermarket housing? Someone who has put new headlights housings on and could help me with the finer details would be helping me out a ton, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    You might post a picture of the particular headlights you find appealing. Here is a picture of my black housings with clear reflectors that I bought off eBay. Fully compatible with the stock hids.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    I agree if you post a link for the set of housings that you are looking for we might be able to help better
    Most I have seen are projector style in black that work with the factory hids

Re: Aftermarket headlight ?

Well I don't have to post a link, I'm looking at the same ones mikedyk43 has, what brand are they because I contacted protuninglab.com (the site I found them on) and they said it wouldn't work.... By the way your truck looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead
    Well I don't have to post a link, I'm looking at the same ones mikedyk43 has, what brand are they because I contacted protuninglab.com (the site I found them on) and they said it wouldn't work.... By the way your truck looks awesome.
    Here is a set but it doesn't say that they will work with the hids
    http://www.carid.com/2004-cadillac-e...ts-313924.html
    They also have projection style also in black

Just checked those, same deal, not compatible with the HID's ( which I thought all 02-06 escalades have) I'm not sure what the difference is, it must be where the bulb fits in the housing. Worse come to worse, I'll purchase them and see if I need an aftermarket HID kit, then post the results for anyone that tries to search this topic in the future.

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. Here is a link to the exact ones I bought from eBay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-2003-20...52121a&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead
    Just checked those, same deal, not compatible with the HID's ( which I thought all 02-06 escalades have) I'm not sure what the difference is, it must be where the bulb fits in the housing. Worse come to worse, I'll purchase them and see if I need an aftermarket HID kit, then post the results for anyone that tries to search this topic in the future.
    The aftermarket kits are not the same as the factory bulbs as they use a different base along with different housing design sorry if they are the wrong ones but the 03-06 has factory hid low beams

I seen mike has posted a link get them as they will work with the factory hids and are black

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Quote Originally Posted by mikedyk43 View Post
    You might post a picture of the particular headlights you find appealing. Here is a picture of my black housings with clear reflectors that I bought off eBay. Fully compatible with the stock hids.
    Just for the record im very happy to see you didn't put all black wheels on that nice looking truck!..Looks much better with the chrome wheels!

----------

I dont see why they wouldn't work either way! The aftermarket hid kits just simply have a ballast you have to zip tie/screw to anything behind the lights under the hood!...the bulb should still screw in the housing the same way! ....?? ....you just have to make sure you dont go too cheap, as the housing needs to be able to stand the heat of the HIDs!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Assasin
    Just for the record im very happy to see you didn't put all black wheels on that nice looking truck!..Looks much better with the chrome wheels!

----------

I dont see why they wouldn't work either way! The aftermarket hid kits just simply have a ballast you have to zip tie/screw to anything behind the lights under the hood!...the bulb should still screw in the housing the same way! ....?? ....you just have to make sure you dont go too cheap, as the housing needs to be able to stand the heat of the HIDs!
    Factory hids have a bit more r&d then most think (mostly in the beam path and cutoff) and the bulb is also a d2r with a strip of paint on it to aid in cutoff(i am using d2c bulbs with no problem and they don't have the paint and I have yet to have a driver flash they're lights at me because of it)

gevinsky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT- ( STX Sedan)

Craigslist Seattle/portland had a set about 5/6 weeks ago

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.