2000 Escalade - Rear Hatch unlocking while driving randomly
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2000 Escalade - Rear Hatch unlocking while driving randomly in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi all, I just have had an issue pop up where my rear hatch/glass is unlocking randomly while driving. It's ...
    MuzicMan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

2000 Escalade - Rear Hatch unlocking while driving randomly

Hi all,

I just have had an issue pop up where my rear hatch/glass is unlocking randomly while driving. It's not very often, maybe every few days or so. Has anyone has this happen or have any ideas?

The key fob unlocking works perfectly every time, so I am hesitant to think it's the actuator. The dash switch also works perfectly every time. The window does seem lately like it takes a couple tries to get it to lock.

Thank you in advance for any help,
    Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzicMan
    Hi all,

I just have had an issue pop up where my rear hatch/glass is unlocking randomly while driving. It's not very often, maybe every few days or so. Has anyone has this happen or have any ideas?

The key fob unlocking works perfectly every time, so I am hesitant to think it's the actuator. The dash switch also works perfectly every time. The window does seem lately like it takes a couple tries to get it to lock.

Thank you in advance for any help,
    Paul
    Sounds like the bcm(body control module)as it works the keyless entry system

MuzicMan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

Re: 2000 Escalade - Rear Hatch unlocking while driving randomly

I have done some experimenting, and it seems that it is not the actuator making the glass unlcock. It seems to be the latch letting go while driving randomly as well as the glass being hard to make lock. Are there adjustments that can be made on that latch or just replaced? I took apart the tailgate to check it out, and everything seems ok, no obvious broken stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicMan
    I have done some experimenting, and it seems that it is not the actuator making the glass unlcock. It seems to be the latch letting go while driving randomly as well as the glass being hard to make lock. Are there adjustments that can be made on that latch or just replaced? I took apart the tailgate to check it out, and everything seems ok, no obvious broken stuff.
    Most likely it will need replacing as there is no adjustments for it

enihgonja is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

Re: 2000 Escalade - Rear Hatch unlocking while driving randomly

my rear hatch is opening while driving at lease 2 - 3 times a day, also i can hear the doors locking and unlocking, even the interior light stays on. can someone please help.

Quote Originally Posted by enihgonja
    my rear hatch is opening while driving at lease 2 - 3 times a day, also i can hear the doors locking and unlocking, even the interior light stays on. can someone please help.
    Sounds like a catch or something electrical

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.