So now I need rear shocks for my ESV!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, So now I need rear shocks for my ESV! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Seems that both rear shocks the rubber is ripped...but how would I know if the compressor is still good?The only ...
    sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV

So now I need rear shocks for my ESV!

Seems that both rear shocks the rubber is ripped...but how would I know if the compressor is still good?The only error
    message Ive seen is the Stability Sys Disabled on come on not too long ago, which not even sure if it relates to that....
    someone told me that its probably turned off/disabled since shocks are bad /not holding air? Not sure how accurate that
    comment is, but any ideas??

Should I go with the Monroe shocks or Arnott...I guess since the shocks are no good I cant really see/feel this great air ride
    suspension that everyone talks about in these trucks. So should I get the Monroe's?? thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sosatyme72
    Seems that both rear shocks the rubber is ripped...but how would I know if the compressor is still good?The only error
    message Ive seen is the Stability Sys Disabled on come on not too long ago, which not even sure if it relates to that....
    someone told me that its probably turned off/disabled since shocks are bad /not holding air? Not sure how accurate that
    comment is, but any ideas??

Should I go with the Monroe shocks or Arnott...I guess since the shocks are no good I cant really see/feel this great air ride
    suspension that everyone talks about in these trucks. So should I get the Monroe's?? thanks!
    It depends on your budget most say get Monroe shocks but I went with arnotts shocks
    I don't think the stability system message is with the shocks
    But you will notice a huge difference in the truck once you replace the shocks
    The front shocks are not air shocks just the rear(which is air/gas hybrid shocks)
    Go to a gm dealer and get the codes pulled for the ride control and if it pops up the exhaust valve solenoid code then the compressor needs replacing(currently working on a fix for this)

The stability system has nothing to do with the shocks as far as I know

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance

Re: So now I need rear shocks for my ESV!

Yeah, both of my rear shock bellows are as BLOWN as can be (as in very large holes) and the compressor i assume doesnt work, but i have zero warning messages on the dash

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMan
    Yeah, both of my rear shock bellows are as BLOWN as can be (as in very large holes) and the compressor i assume doesnt work, but i have zero warning messages on the dash
    Replace the compressor and shocks sometimes the system may not throw a code(it is possible)

Sentinelist is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV, Black Raven/black, Platinum wheels, 97k

Re: So now I need rear shocks for my ESV!

My rears aren't blown yet, but they're cracked and I've got the Service Ride Control message with a compressor that runs more often than it should. Arnotts are highly praised on here and on the Audi forum I belong to- that's what I'm buying this month to install before towing a parade float next month!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelist
    My rears aren't blown yet, but they're cracked and I've got the Service Ride Control message with a compressor that runs more often than it should. Arnotts are highly praised on here and on the Audi forum I belong to- that's what I'm buying this month to install before towing a parade float next month!
    If they are cracked then they are leaking(do the soapy water spray test and watch for bubbles)
    I got the arnotts shocks and it really changed the ride and handling of my truck(rides smoother and handles crisper and more stable in quick turns)
    I got the remanufactured oem shocks(be careful as they have a new air shock but it is not active but passive)

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance
    What about the new front shocks they sell? Are those active as well? Or do they just have the sensor that overrides the warning messages on the dash? I figured if i can keep the active system working without spending $700 on each shock, then i would

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMan
    What about the new front shocks they sell? Are those active as well? Or do they just have the sensor that overrides the warning messages on the dash? I figured if i can keep the active system working without spending $700 on each shock, then i would
    I don't think they have the oem active shocks
    But my front shocks are still good so I doubt you will need to replace them(I have over 160,000 miles on my truck)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.