Intermittent Friction Noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Intermittent Friction Noise in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    seaman.40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 02 Esacalade

Angry Intermittent Friction Noise

I replaced my rotors and brake pads on 4 tires, at first there were no noise, but after a month I hear a intermittent friction noise, when I am stopping or turning at low speed ,I cant really tell where is coming from, I only hear it with windows down and no music very
    weak .I can’t stand noises in my car. Any ideas what could be . Thanks in Advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by seaman.40
    I replaced my rotors and brake pads on 4 tires, at first there were no noise, but after a month I hear a intermittent friction noise, when I am stopping or turning at low speed ,I cant really tell where is coming from, I only hear it with windows down and no music very
    weak .I can’t stand noises in my car. Any ideas what could be . Thanks in Advance
    Check your rims if they are factory they may be peeling on the chrome
    My 03s factory rims is doing this I had tore the peeling parts off back of this but it is back as I noticed it yesterday while I was at the dealer to get my shocks replaced

BDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Intermittent Friction Noise

Can you describe the noise more, high pitched squeal, vibration type sound?? Did you use slotted or smooth rotors? The metal clips at the end of the pad can get out of place during pad install and they can rub the edge of the rotor.

I got no vibrations , the rotors are smooth, its like something is touching the rim or rotor, but I cant find what it is, the rims are basically new, so nothing is
    peeling of the chrome. I probably have to lift the car and go one by one of the tires to see if I can find something.

Does it go away while you make turns?

Nope, Actually I hear it when I make turn, but I like I said only hear it at really low speed.

Quote Originally Posted by seaman.40
    Nope, Actually I hear it when I make turn, but I like I said only hear it at really low speed.
    Sounds like a cv joint

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.