Where can i get another key fob for my '03 ESV?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Where can i get another key fob for my '03 ESV? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; When I purchased the truck the owner said all he had was 1 key and the fob which is labeled#2 ...
    sosatyme72 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV

Where can i get another key fob for my '03 ESV?

When I purchased the truck the owner said all he had was 1 key and the fob which is labeled#2 on the back of it. I want to get another key and fob just in case god forbid i loose my only set. Where can I get these for a reasonable price, do i have to go to gealer for it and get it programmed? I was reading that these year trucks dont have a transponder chip in the key is that true??

Also I have a remote start that i hit the fob to start do I have to do anything special to setup the new one to work with remote starter? thanks !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

boge is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade
    I went to key-less remote.com I got a key fob that works with my remote starter and an extra key with the Cadillac emblem on it. Both items together ran me about $55 . The key fob was brand new and easy to program and I had the key cut at my local hardware store.

grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Where can i get another key ans fob for my '03 ESV?

you can get a new key made from cadillac for $15 its just a basic key no trans sponder thing and i got 2 remotes off ebay for $22.

sosatyme72 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV

ok do you have to take the remote/fob to dealer to program? does it conflict with the original fob?

Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper View Post
    you can get a new key made from cadillac for $15 its just a basic key no trans sponder thing and i got 2 remotes off ebay for $22.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sosatyme72
    ok do you have to take the remote/fob to dealer to program? does it conflict with the original fob?
    Yep the dealer is the best place but you can do yourself but its a bit tricky

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Quote Originally Posted by sosatyme72 View Post
    When I purchased the truck the owner said all he had was 1 key and the fob which is labeled#2 on the back of it. I want to get another key and fob just in case god forbid i loose my only set. Where can I get these for a reasonable price, do i have to go to gealer for it and get it programmed? I was reading that these year trucks dont have a transponder chip in the key is that true??

Also I have a remote start that i hit the fob to start do I have to do anything special to setup the new one to work with remote starter? thanks !
    Thankfully there is no chip in the key! ...EBay is BY FAR the best place to buy these from! way cheaper! Even just for the plastic and buttons once they get wore down you can replace them for under 5 dollars!....look no where else!

rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
    We bought ours on ebay and was super easy to program. Also was the cheapest way to get them.

HoustonBussa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade Base
    Easy to program. No need for the dealer. You will need the old remote as when you do it, it deletes all current remotes. I think up to four remotes. There's a writeup on the forum. I believe that's where I found it.

Pitbull14218 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 White Diamond EXT

Is there a certain part number or model range that will work with a 2002-06 Escalade? Or can you do it with the newer remotes?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull14218
    Is there a certain part number or model range that will work with a 2002-06 Escalade? Or can you do it with the newer remotes?
    The remotes for the 07 and up won't work with the second gen and older escalades

grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just eBay escalade remote 06 they're all the same it's a rather a lame looking remote for such a expensive car originally lol but they are cheap and easy as heck to program.

Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper
    Just eBay escalade remote 06 they're all the same it's a rather a lame looking remote for such a expensive car originally lol but they are cheap and easy as heck to program.
    You hit the nail on the head there while the truck may win in the looks department the remotes do not

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    You hit the nail on the head there while the truck may win in the looks department the remotes do not
    ....AMEN....I was pretty disapointed in my key fobb, considering its the same exact one my 99 Denali had, only the Denali had an extra button for the rear hatch, since I have the EXT i obviously dont have that button!...Pretty lame looking if you ask me!...And also the cadillac emblem on the key's always just come off, which makes them look even worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Assasin
    ....AMEN....I was pretty disapointed in my key fobb, considering its the same exact one my 99 Denali had, only the Denali had an extra button for the rear hatch, since I have the EXT i obviously dont have that button!...Pretty lame looking if you ask me!...And also the cadillac emblem on the key's always just come off, which makes them look even worse!
    My second key has done that and it looks pitiful I may replace it but since I only use it when I take the truck to the shop I may not

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.