escalade won't start, no turning over, onstar works - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, escalade won't start, no turning over, onstar works in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by the cadillac man No sound as in no click from the starter or no click from the ...
    mikebux is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): mikebux@gmail.com

Re: escalade won't start, no turning over, onstar works

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    No sound as in no click from the starter or no click from the relay or starter if its the later it may be a bad relay unless a module has gone crazy(I have seen it happen not fun)
    So did they found why it did not start?. I have the same problem

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebux

So did they found why it did not start?. I have the same problem
    Let me explain no click from the starter or starter relay means something else has failed(it can be a module eg the PCM) I had my PCM fail on me and I got no click from either the starter or the starter relay

Of corse there is the theft system if the little lock is on (not flashing) then something is triggering the system and preventing you from starting the truck(most likely the pass lock in the key switch

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Mikebux, I see The Cadillac Man has already been providing DIY advice, and I just wanted to let you know I'm available should you have any lingering questions. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, an dI'm happy to investigate further for you at any point!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

pcunite is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville DHS

What was the problem?

mikearch54 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): None

Same issue. Took it to my mechanic and they kept it for two days. Started fine for them. When I got it back it was fine for a couple of weeks. Now it's back at it again. I notice it happens after it rains. Not sure. Well it's been 5 days and it still hasn't started. The last time I drove it the steering wheel felt like it was pulling to a halt... then it was hard to turn the truck. I smelled a burning smell near the front tires. Hasn't started since. Gotta call a tow now.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

You might want to update your profile to show correct information ............

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by mikearch54
    Same issue. Took it to my mechanic and they kept it for two days. Started fine for them. When I got it back it was fine for a couple of weeks. Now it's back at it again. I notice it happens after it rains. Not sure. Well it's been 5 days and it still hasn't started. The last time I drove it the steering wheel felt like it was pulling to a halt... then it was hard to turn the truck. I smelled a burning smell near the front tires. Hasn't started since. Gotta call a tow now. __________________________________________________ ______________ You might want to update your profile to show correct information ............
    You may have a wiring issue somewhere that when it rains it shorts out those circuits

It may have possiblely messed up the PCM in the process(not sure)

The steering is power steering pump related(been there before)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.