New Escalade ESV owner (any issues to look out for?) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, New Escalade ESV owner (any issues to look out for?) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ain't nothing like an Escalade. I miss not driving mine right now. I will make sure it's safe to drive....
    hturner0iii0 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV
    Ain't nothing like an Escalade. I miss not driving mine right now. I will make sure it's safe to drive.

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance

Re: New Escalade ESV owner (any issues to look out for?)

I think if the differential was going out, it would probably be blatantly obvious. I have had a few go bad in some other cars and its usually a very pronounced howling sound that increases in pitch as you gain speed.

Dropped the escalade off to the mechanic today. Went for a test drive. He said it sounds like the wheel bearing. Won't know til he spins it. Keep you posted

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by hturner0iii0
    Dropped the escalade off to the mechanic today. Went for a test drive. He said it sounds like the wheel bearing. Won't know til he spins it. Keep you posted
    Replace both front wheel hubs as the other may fail later on
    LA Dawg likes this.

Just got word from the mechanic. Need new front differential. I'll rebuild it in three months. Total cost $3500.00

Quote Originally Posted by hturner0iii0
    Just got word from the mechanic. Need new front differential. I'll rebuild it in three months. Total cost $3500.00
    Ouch that sucks
    Best not to drive the truck much till its rebuilt

Just got off the phone with Suburban Driveline. They specialize in drive lines 4X4 repairs etc. He said I need to bring it in but the repairs could be as low as $650 or as high as $1200 dollars. If this is true ill be getting it rebuilt this weekend. Hell a rental truck was going to cost me $700. I would much rather put the money in my own truck and drive it. Keep your fingers crossed. I may make my road trip after all.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by hturner0iii0 View Post
    Just got off the phone with Suburban Driveline. They specialize in drive lines 4X4 repairs etc. He said I need to bring it in but the repairs could be as low as $650 or as high as $1200 dollars. If this is true ill be getting it rebuilt this weekend. Hell a rental truck was going to cost me $700. I would much rather put the money in my own truck and drive it. Keep your fingers crossed. I may make my road trip after all.
    Hello hturner0iii0,

Please do keep us posted on the outcome of your vehicle. I see you always wanted an ESV Escalade, and this year you finally got one! I am hoping you are able to make your June road trip in your Escalade too. My fingers will be crossed for you!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yukon-Denali...44950b&vxp=mtr how ever i was gone tell you go to a shop that specialize in diffsand trannys it would be much cheaper. fill that new bad boy with mobile one gear fluid or if ur really serious about its reliability amsoil 75w110

Suburban Driveline is putting new bearings in the diff. Apparently some fluid leaked out burning up the bearings. Total cost $1050 plus tax. Not bad considering I thought I was going to have to pay $4000 thanks to everybody who posted you guys have helped me out tremendously 😳

Just got the beast back and I must say the front diff is quiet no scrubbing sound at all. The guys who did the work put the amsoil in so it should be good. These guys work on diffs, 4wd, transfer cases the whole nine yards. I'm glad I found them as one of my other vehicles is a 4wd Yukon. The mechanic told me I have to break it in first so I'm going to make a bunch of little 10 mile trips and stop and let it cool off. If you are in the Chicagoland area and you need repairs like this you should try them out if you are like me and are not mechanically inclined. Also I have a question. I have about 2,000 miles left before I need to change the oil. Should I do it when I get back ? (Trip is about 2,500 miles) or should I change it now ?

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

Take the trip you'll be fine

I second that it won't hurt to wait till after the trip

Are you using the oil life meter?

If you do make sure you reset it after the oil change

Silver04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 ESV
    Get in the habit of changing out the front and rear diff and transfer case fluid regularly. I do mine every 30k miles. Nothing scientific, that's how often I dump it in our subies so that's when I do it in the escapade.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.