Stability System Activated?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Stability System Activated? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys, I have a question about 2002 cadillac escalade. My stability system would activate when turning so i changed ...
    titustogi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Stability System Activated?

Hey guys,
    I have a question about 2002 cadillac escalade. My stability system would activate when turning so i changed my wheel sensor and it stopped for 2 weeks. It started again and my mechanic told me the tires were giving off different readings because two tires were bald. So I just replaced all 4 tires and the stability system is still activating when turning on dry pavement. Any suggestions on why this is happening?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tdub80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Stability System Activated?

I have the same issue on my '04. Changed wheel hub etc and still doing it. Might be the wire that goes from ABS to firewall. Working on the solution..

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by titustogi
    Hey guys,
    I have a question about 2002 cadillac escalade. My stability system would activate when turning so i changed my wheel sensor and it stopped for 2 weeks. It started again and my mechanic told me the tires were giving off different readings because two tires were bald. So I just replaced all 4 tires and the stability system is still activating when turning on dry pavement. Any suggestions on why this is happening?
    Could be a bad sensor

I have replaced the yaw sensor yet it still does it

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by titustogi
    I have replaced the yaw sensor yet it still does it
    I meant a wheel speed sensor

reddzspace22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext
    Ebcm could be starting to go bad. Did your mechanic check for any dtc's in module??

I took it to the dealer they changed one of the wheel position sensor and the yaw rate sensor. I dnt know if they calibrated the ebcm after replacing the yaw rate sensor

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.