AC switched to HEAT while driving. PLEASE HELP - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, AC switched to HEAT while driving. PLEASE HELP in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by sprink60 So let me make sure where this thing is...the kick panel is in front of the ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by sprink60

So let me make sure where this thing is...the kick panel is in front of the door. If the module is above the transmissin hump why remove the kick panel?

OneLuv...the best deal i have found on parts is Number 1 GM Parts on E Bay. They are actually Roger dean Chevrolet in West Palm on Okeechobee. They will honor the E Bay price at the parts counter...BIG discount.
    The kick panel I am talking about is black and is on the bottom of the dash beneath the glove box
    The one in front of the door is also called a kick panel also but it is shale(on my truck it is)

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Re: AC switched to HEAT while driving. PLEASE HELP

OK..that is the same shroud that is removed to gain access to the front A/C Blower Motor resistor.

Quote Originally Posted by sprink60
    OK..that is the same shroud that is removed to gain access to the front A/C Blower Motor resistor.
    Yep that the right one

jnrsesv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ESV Platinum

The sparkys link (post #15) shows and explains just about everything in this thread.

wetneck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 EXT

my ext just did this tonight.... both sides ..all hot.... then after dinner back to normal
    i heard no clicking
    should i prepare to dig this out as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by wetneck
    my ext just did this tonight.... both sides ..all hot.... then after dinner back to normal
    i heard no clicking
    should i prepare to dig this out as well ?
    I would suspect the in car temp sensor just above the driver seat but before you rip out the headliner get the codes pulled at a gm dealer(yes the hvac system stores codes)

wetneck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 EXT

Can they be pulled with an obx ?

Quote Originally Posted by wetneck
    Can they be pulled with an obx ?
    You can pull the hvac codes with a standard code reader that requires the tech-2 at the gm dealer

OneLuv1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

I need to get it done soon .... I was reading a write up I found and it said they need to be re-calibrated.
    Im going on a 2000+ mile trip in 5 weeks. It has done it 4 times in the last 3 months. I would hate for it to take a dump on the road. Anyone know about calibrating them?

Quote Originally Posted by OneLuv1979
    I need to get it done soon .... I was reading a write up I found and it said they need to be re-calibrated.
    Im going on a 2000+ mile trip in 5 weeks. It has done it 4 times in the last 3 months. I would hate for it to take a dump on the road. Anyone know about calibrating them?
    Remove the hvac fuse for a minute or two
    Then put it back in and turn the key to run(engine off)then turn off then start the truck
    The system should start on defrost then go to the floor and end up at the dash(depending on the outside temp and the hvac temp settings)

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by OneLuv1979 View Post
    Hello OneLuv1979,

I see this has been an active thread and that the cadillac man has helped answer your question. I wouldn't want you to experience any vehicle trouble while on your trip! If you would like to further discuss any concern or have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me via private message!

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.