Car Sound System troubles...I think my iPod is being fryed... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Car Sound System troubles...I think my iPod is being fryed... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by the cadillac man No not if you use a RCA to line cable just don't use anymore ...
    dsciola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 white Cadillac Escalade

Re: Car Sound System troubles...I think my iPod is being fryed...

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    No not if you use a RCA to line cable just don't use anymore iPods with it(you've been warned)
    You can get those online for a great price and install it yourself without going to a shop
    ? Beggin ur Pardon Cadillac Man, but I dont get your last post. By 'No' do u mean don't get USA SPEC or do u instead mean its not possible to plug laptop into my car?

Either way, below is a link to a USA-SPEC sound package I found on AMZN...

http://www.amazon.com/USA-PA15-VETTE...productDetails

...My guess is this is the right one for my car? Looking online, there's a LOT of different editions for Honda, Toyota, etc...really hope this is the one for a 2005 Cadillac Escalade...Per title at top and
    customer review below, 'for Select 2005-08 Corvette/2004-07 Cadillac Factory Radios' and 'This product was perfect for my 2007 Cadillac CTS.', respectively, my hunch it is.

Nonetheless...really dont wanna F this up...any thoughts? Is this the right one for a 2005 Cadillac Escalade? If so, how do I install myself?

Thanks agian,

Dom

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by dsciola

? Beggin ur Pardon Cadillac Man, but I dont get your last post. By 'No' do u mean don't get USA SPEC or do u instead mean its not possible to plug laptop into my car?

Either way, below is a link to a USA-SPEC sound package I found on AMZN...

http://www.amazon.com/USA-PA15-VETTE...productDetails

...My guess is this is the right one for my car? Looking online, there's a LOT of different editions for Honda, Toyota, etc...really hope this is the one for a 2005 Cadillac Escalade...Per title at top and
    customer review below, 'for Select 2005-08 Corvette/2004-07 Cadillac Factory Radios' and 'This product was perfect for my 2007 Cadillac CTS.', respectively, my hunch it is.

Nonetheless...really dont wanna F this up...any thoughts? Is this the right one for a 2005 Cadillac Escalade? If so, how do I install myself?

Thanks agian,

Dom
    I meant the gateway you have now won't hurt your laptop
    And yes you can install it yourself

The interface you linked to will work with your truck

OK, thanks.

Any suggestions for installing the USA-SPEC interface myself?

OK, thanks.

Any suggestions for installing the USA-SPEC interface myself?
    Should be plug and play just remove the perpheral media gateway and plug the harnesses for the USA spec interface in to the factory harnesses

Should be plug and play just remove the perpheral media gateway and plug the harnesses for the USA spec interface in to the factory harnesses
    OK. So just remove the bevel n stuff like I did last time and swap the USA-SPEC interface, module, cables, etc. for the current iSimple Gateway ones, correct?

Any other tricks / things to be aware of? Definitely don't wanna screw this up and bust my system on the first day...or better yet the system and another iPod...

Also...not to be too pesty here...are all the parts listed in that AMZN link ALL the parts I need for it to work? Its not missing a cable or anything like that is it?

OK. So just remove the bevel n stuff like I did last time and swap the USA-SPEC interface, module, cables, etc. for the current iSimple Gateway ones, correct?

Any other tricks / things to be aware of? Definitely don't wanna screw this up and bust my system on the first day...or better yet the system and another iPod...

Also...not to be too pesty here...are all the parts listed in that AMZN link ALL the parts I need for it to work? Its not missing a cable or anything like that is it?
    It has all the stuff you should need to install it with
    Just do like time and you should be good to go

FYI to play it safe remove the radio fuse(I don't but better to be safe then sorry)

It has all the stuff you should need to install it with
    Just do like time and you should be good to go

FYI to play it safe remove the radio fuse(I don't but better to be safe then sorry)
    Sounds good, thanks. Anything else other than the radio fuse to watch out for? When I pull out the iSimple piece and plug in the USA SPEC set and turn my car on to try it...should it work right away? If
    it does NOT work right away, does that mean I screwed up installing it, and should I then right away shut off car, pull out USA SPEC set, etc to make sure nothing is damaged due to me F'ing up the install?

When my iSimple Gateway was working and not frying my iPods...I used the stock Cadillac radio dashbaord to set the 'radio' to 'IPOD' mode and play my tunes via the XM connection and also to switch songs...should the USA SPEC system work the same way when I put it in and try it out?

Sounds good, thanks. Anything else other than the radio fuse to watch out for? When I pull out the iSimple piece and plug in the USA SPEC set and turn my car on to try it...should it work right away? If
    it does NOT work right away, does that mean I screwed up installing it, and should I then right away shut off car, pull out USA SPEC set, etc to make sure nothing is damaged due to me F'ing up the install?

When my iSimple Gateway was working and not frying my iPods...I used the stock Cadillac radio dashbaord to set the 'radio' to 'IPOD' mode and play my tunes via the XM connection and also to switch songs...should the USA SPEC system work the same way when I put it in and try it out?
    It should work as soon as you plug it in and turn on the key

I think it works the same as the media gateway did

It should work as soon as you plug it in and turn on the key

I think it works the same as the media gateway did
    OK...and if it doenst work right away...is that a red flag or anything to be really worried about?

OK...and if it doenst work right away...is that a red flag or anything to be really worried about?
    If it doesn't work right away pull the radio fuse to reset everything

If it doesn't work right away pull the radio fuse to reset everything
    ? I thought radio fuse should already be removed, just to be safe, per ur previous post above? Am I missing something?

? I thought radio fuse should already be removed, just to be safe, per ur previous post above? Am I missing something?
    I was meaning after the radio fuse is put back in

OK great. Think I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Thanks! Have a great weekend.

Dom

OK great. Think I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Thanks! Have a great weekend.

Dom
    Ok keep me posted on the outcome I hope it works out for you so you don't have to keep buying iPods like crazy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.