Need to change rotors and pads, which ones are good??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By MrHolland
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Need to change rotors and pads, which ones are good?? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Well its time to replace front/rear rotors and pads...which ones are good and where can i buy them for the ...
    sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV

Need to change rotors and pads, which ones are good??

Well its time to replace front/rear rotors and pads...which ones are good and where can i buy them for the best price? rockauto? thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Need to change rotors and pads, which ones are good??

Ive had good luck with slotted/dimpled rotors from brakepermance.com and wagner ceamic pads. Rotors have life time warranty against warping and cracking and the pads are low dust.

Forum vendor R1 Concepts would be another good place to check.
    r1concepts and r1concepts like this.

BDuncan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

For standard rotors, NAPA premium rotors at about $50 are hard to beat. I also use EBC shallow slotted rotors on the rear - EBC developed these to be quiet as opposed to most deeper slotted rotors. I have had very long life with virtually no wear on both of these rotors. For pads I only used Wagner Thermo Quiet Ceramic pads on all of my vehicles, amazing wear, no noise, no squeal and no dust. I replaced my factory original front rotors at about 75-80K miles thinking they were causing a slight vibration under hard braking - turns out it was the rear rotors. My original fronts had almost no wear at all. The rears were hot spotted. Escalades are much harder on rear brakes than fronts - probably brake bias set that way to prevent front end dive of a heavy vehicle.

Chip Potts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade ESV

I just bought and installed the Powerstop Evolution Performance Rotor and ceramic pad kit from Summit Racing (PWR-K2015). The rotors are drilled and slotted and matching ceramic pads were included. My braking performance improved significantly (30%-40%). Pedal feel is stronger and eliminated pedal free play. I would recommend the kit.

ok but isnt slotted/ drilled rotors more for show?? I have oem 22"s on mine. what about oem rotors does dealer use Ac Delco as well for parts?

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

+1 on NAPA. NAPA sells a pretty good rotor for a decent price.

I replaced my front rotors with Frozen Rotors and Hawk pads. It's a super upgrade, but not cheap.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

what if i went with Napa premium rotors all the way around? is that good or do I need better ones in the rear with the Wagner ThermoQuiet pads?

This is just a daily drivin family truck, so not sure if I need those performance type rotors??? thanks guys

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Those rotors and pads will work great!! I only bought my rotors because wifey this ability of warping rotors in everything she drives. Thus far, she has been unsuccessful in destroying these!!!

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland
    Those rotors and pads will work great!! I only bought my rotors because wifey this ability of warping rotors in everything she drives. Thus far, she has been unsuccessful in destroying these!!!
    I am going to guess she rides the brakes a lot

thanks is there a difference between premium and ultra premium I see on their website for these?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post

flyingdutchman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Centric pads and rotors

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

EWC Yellow Stuff...big difference in stopping power...but dusty. Best all around= Wagner Thermoquiet. Very little dust and stopping power 85%~905 of Yellow Stuff.

It's not that the Wagners are bad...it's just that the Yellow Stuff pads are that good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.