2004 ESV cluster issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2004 ESV cluster issues in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello all, So this 2004 ESV i purchased from a private seller had the check engine light removed. Tonight i ...
    Typer2k1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

2004 ESV cluster issues

Hello all,

So this 2004 ESV i purchased from a private seller had the check engine light removed. Tonight i removed the cluster so i could get it prepped to replace the missing LED's and this is what i found.....

As you can see the LED's were removed from the board, from what i guess it was a somewhat of a professional job as the led's were not scrapped off as i originally thought but rather removed with a soldering iron. I took pics of both sides of the board and the overlay to show which lights were removed. From what i gather, the check engine light was removed along with the car alarm(pic of the esv and lock), and a transmission light(pic of the D symbol with a circle around it).

from what i see, i would need another LED with resistor for the car alarm, and "D" light. But what about the check engine light? It looks like they removed more than just a resistor and LED, what else would i need to get this working right?

Should i just buy another cluster and not deal with the headache?

By the way, i hooked it up to a scan tool and the only check engine light was an evap code. I replaced the gas cap 100 miles ago and no more check engine lights.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Oh, and i also included another pic of the alarm they had installed. I was going to lube up the steering shaft because of a rubber rubbing sound i heard and this thing came out and greeted me. It pretty much looks like they tapped into a bunch of wires, how hard is it to remove this and install my Viper 5704?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Caddy2004X is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Re: 2004 ESV cluster issues

I would get another computer board that works, unless you know how to solder. If you know how to solder then just match the light up from eBay and replace them. I purchased some led's and reconnected the dash and made sure they came on before soldering them to the board, thus my dash is now all LED and bright. I see you have all of the older stepper motors as well. Order them from eBay and replace them as well as they will all soon go out( the new motors should all be black). I just replaced 6 of mind this weekend in about 20 mins. No reprogramming needed. Just youtube that video, follow his instructions there, easy job. The alarm looks like a best buy job. If you can match the wires up if it works then change it out if not go to a professional, let them remove it. It may have a starter kill and if you don't reconnect the starter wires your truck will not start. I hope this has helped you out, if not send me a message and I'll go into detail for you.

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance
    That reminds me of when i worked at a car dealer and cars would come in with electrical tape over the check engine light. Like.... JUST FIX IT!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.