New 04 Escalade Owner and Need Some Honest Opinions!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, New 04 Escalade Owner and Need Some Honest Opinions! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys this is my 1st post on here so let me start off by saying HI. Im a new ...
    OneLuv1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

New 04 Escalade Owner and Need Some Honest Opinions!

Hey guys this is my 1st post on here so let me start off by saying HI.
    Im a new owner of a 2004 Escalade with only 43k miles.

I actually clean windows for a living and one of our customers owned the car since new.
    I also clean his In Laws windows and last time we were there his mother in law mentioned he was going to be taking it to CARMAX to sell it as he is not using it anymore.
    I was in the market for a SUV and was looking for a low mile blazer since they are basic and easy to wrench on.

Anyhow I got ahold of him and he told me the mileage and his asking a price of $10k , I explained $9k was the most I could swing and he took the deal. So now I spent all the cash I had on a 04 Escalade w/43k. I feel I did real good on the price.
    There is a small dent on the front of the hood and a scratch down the side of the car that looks like a branch ran down the side.
    It might buff out but I have not yet tried.

I want to ask you guys what kind of deal did I get? The interior is super clean and he replaced all 4 tires for me and changed all the fluids at the dealership 1 week prior to me taking procession at the cost of $1879. So it just has the minor flaws on body.

Now my second question is how dependable are these trucks?
    I can buy a 4 year or when the odometer reach's 100k , bumper to bumper warranty for $3052.
    Which im debating once I sell the truck I replaced. So the question is, Is it worth it?
    The vehicle is so much more high tech then anything I have seen....
    Figured who better to ask then actual owners of Escalades!

I have a 2 month old baby girl and a 3 year old boy (my reason for buying a SUV)...
    Im hoping to hear they are super dependable but its seems like everything on them are very complicated and expensive to fix but I honestly don't know. Im a good wrench on old school stuff but this computer stuff has me dumbfounded.

So Escalade owners , Please let me know what you suggest I do warranty wise?
    Also what type of issues do they have... Really want something trouble free like my last 3 Chevy 4.3 V6 vehicles.

Thanks for any input you guys could pass my way , it will be appreciated alot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLuv1979
    Hey guys this is my 1st post on here so let me start off by saying HI.
    Im a new owner of a 2004 Escalade with only 43k miles.

I actually clean windows for a living and one of our customers owned the car since new.
    I also clean his In Laws windows and last time we were there his mother in law mentioned he was going to be taking it to CARMAX to sell it as he is not using it anymore.
    I was in the market for a SUV and was looking for a low mile blazer since they are basic and easy to wrench on.

Anyhow I got ahold of him and he told me the mileage and his asking a price of $10k , I explained $9k was the most I could swing and he took the deal. So now I spent all the cash I had on a 04 Escalade w/43k. I feel I did real good on the price.
    There is a small dent on the front of the hood and a scratch down the side of the car that looks like a branch ran down the side.
    It might buff out but I have not yet tried.

I want to ask you guys what kind of deal did I get? The interior is super clean and he replaced all 4 tires for me and changed all the fluids at the dealership 1 week prior to me taking procession at the cost of $1879. So it just has the minor flaws on body.

Now my second question is how dependable are these trucks?
    I can buy a 4 year or when the odometer reach's 100k , bumper to bumper warranty for $3052.
    Which im debating once I sell the truck I replaced. So the question is, Is it worth it?
    The vehicle is so much more high tech then anything I have seen....
    Figured who better to ask then actual owners of Escalades!

I have a 2 month old baby girl and a 3 year old boy (my reason for buying a SUV)...
    Im hoping to hear they are super dependable but its seems like everything on them are very complicated and expensive to fix but I honestly don't know. Im a good wrench on old school stuff but this computer stuff has me dumbfounded.

So Escalade owners , Please let me know what you suggest I do warranty wise?
    Also what type of issues do they have... Really want something trouble free like my last 3 Chevy 4.3 V6 vehicles.

Thanks for any input you guys could pass my way , it will be appreciated alot!
    You got it for a steal
    The engines and trannies are tough(I know my uncle worked at the gm power train plant)
    As far as resale goes its hard to tell (depends on the mileage on the truck when you decide to sell it)

I would worry about dependably these are built on a truck frame
    It's the small stuff air shocks possibility of a module failing due to age(had that happen to me once)
    Check the tranny fluid as it shows in the owners manual(some shops don't)

Also get a code scanner(it will pay itself off in the long run)unless you want a tech-2 like the gm dealer uses(not recommended if you don't know how to use it)

The warranty is up to you(I didn't get one for my truck when I got it)
    The only issues I have had are
    PCM failure due to age
    Air shocks blow(again age)
    Rear air control module due to odd over travel code(replaced both module and actitutior at the same time)
    Replaced the low beam hid bulbs(www.kensun.com is a great website to get them 50 bucks for a set with two year warranty)
    Replaced the spark plugs
    Replaced starter(age)
    Replaced fuel pump(warned at 123,000 miles it does at 150,000 exactly with no warning before hand)
    Rear brakes(these trucks are kinda hard on the rear brakes so keep a close check on them)
    Front end alignment (uneven wear on front tires)
    New belts(both a/c and main belt FYI the ac belt get skipped most of the time so have it checked)
    So far other then the list I haven't had any problems

I know long list but you asked
    Welcome to the forum enjoy your escalade

Re: New 04 Escalade Owner and Need Some Honest Opinions!

Thanks for your input that greatly helps and how many miles do u have on it?
    The guy I got it from just replaced all 4 tires , had fluids changed(break fluid ,coolant ,oil) including back breaks and rotors and a fresh alignment...
    This guy hooked me up! He is one of our best customers and always tips us nicely!
    Great people to work for before he did this.

I have a 97+ OBDII scanner not sure if it will work on this?

Thanks for your input that greatly helps and how many miles do u have on it?
    The guy I got it from just replaced all 4 tires , had fluids changed(break fluid ,coolant ,oil) including back breaks and rotors and a fresh alignment...
    This guy hooked me up! He is one of our best customers and always tips us nicely!
    Great people to work for before he did this.

I have a 97+ OBDII scanner not sure if it will work on this?
    162,000 give or take a few miles but it is a great vehicle
    The obd2 scanner you have should work its worth a shot to try

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

You made a very good deal...probably saved $5k over what I have seen on lots for that model around here.Add in the $1800 +/- dealer service and you did very well. Your Escalade is a "Garage Queen" or "Cream Puff" as they are referred to in the car business. To be 9 years old and have only 43,000 miles on the clock is amazing...that's less than 5K per year!!

The dent on the hood can probably be pulled out by a Dent Wizard tech for $100 and the scratch down the side...if it doesn't hang your finger nail can be polished out easily.

Most issues that I and others have experienced are due mainly to mileage and use. You don't have that problem.Keep an eye on the rear air ride shock bladders for signs of splits or cracks. Keep up the maintenance and you should have 75000~100000 more trouble free miles ahead of you.

That's a great story and a great purchase...thanks for sharing.

I see you are in Florida...I am in Palm Beach Co. If you are near by I would like to see it sometime.

Thanks for the reply.

I am located in wellington area. The truck is just simply amazing! I love everything about it and my wife is a bit jealous. lol I have been looking for a suv for 6 months and did not dream about owning a low mileage escalade so you can imagine how excited I am to own it.

So in your honest opinion do you think the $3052 4 year odometer reach 100k is a good or bad move.
    I am not scared to tackle most repairs myself.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Great buy!! Contrary to popular belief, cars are built to last. A low mileage car that has been well maintained shouldn't have any issues. 3 grrr would go a long way in repairs if something breaks within the next four years. If you have the extra money and can afford to buy the warranty, why not set it aside and use it for needed repairs instead of purchasing repair insurance?.?.?... Its a gamble either way, but by not buying the warranty there is a chance you will have money left over in 4 yrs. If you buy the warranty, I guarantee you wont have any of that money left over in 4 yrs. JMHO.....

Thanks for the reply.

I am located in wellington area. The truck is just simply amazing! I love everything about it and my wife is a bit jealous. lol I have been looking for a suv for 6 months and did not dream about owning a low mileage escalade so you can imagine how excited I am to own it.

So in your honest opinion do you think the $3052 4 year odometer reach 100k is a good or bad move.
    I had a warranty on my previous car and never needed it so it is up to you since you will be bearing the mileage where certain stuff can possibly break it may be a good idea but since you ain't afraid to do the repairs yourself you may not need the warrenty

Thanks I kind of worded my last sentence incorrect as I don't mind tackling mechanics but im completely lost when it comes to Computer cars. I have a OBD2 reader but that's about as far as I can do. This just seems like a pretty complex beast!
    I might just risk it and see. Thanks for ur input.

TLMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 1969 ss396 chevelle

Don,t waste your money on the warranty. Your scanner will read any codes the truck puts out. I bought my truck with 18,000 miles on it in 2005 and have over 160,000 on it now with no major problems just keep up with maitnance and you won,t have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLuv1979 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Check your PM

Quote Originally Posted by sprink60 View Post
    Check your PM
    I tried to respond I think you box is full.

Anyhow your Lade looks great what size wheels are those?

Mine is not in the best cond considering it has 43k miles , mainly cause of him having it shipped down from CT the shipper scratched the side and dented the hood. Then he lives on a golf course (where I clean windows) and the recycled water has taken its toll on the paint.

The guy I bought it from put hurricane glass on his home a few years ago and sprinkler stains got on them and damaged them pretty bad. It was a big issue but we were able to get it off for him after several washes with acid. Hope the stains buff off. Any chance you know a good detailer who could buff this beast out?

I'm off of Lake Worth and Lyons and I am stay at home Dad till Sept when my business picks back up.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by OneLuv1979 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Hello OneLuv1979,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Escalade! The other members offer great advice and are awesome to communicate with. After reading the interactions I can already see what beneficial information they have provided for you. That is exciting to own such a low mileage Escalade of the model year, I would be just as pumped! Enjoy driving it around, I know they are reliable vehicles and very spacious especially if you have a family.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

There are quite a few around West Palm and Wellington Royal Palm. Since you are home anyway you should do it yourself....not that big of a deal and you will take a lot of pride in knowing your efforts restored it to that "Show room" appearance. Read thru the detail section of this forum and see how we do it ourselves...or give me a call and i will talk you thru it.

My rims are original equipment 22" from a 2012 EXT. They really transformed the vehicle in appearance and handling/ride.

Thanks I picked up some compound today and figured I will give it a shot.

I have been leaning more towards 24's in the way of wheels just love the big wheel look on a big suv.
    I think I will be pulling the plug on these wheels as they are aluminum and I have had great luck with alum wheels (no pitting in chrome which most aftermarket wheels do) and they look good....
    Either the gunmetal grey or polished. My wife thinks im crazy as the truck has 4 brand new tires but these trucks are begging for bigger wheels in my opinion.

Those 22's do look good on it and I would imagine you will get a much better ride the 24's as you can fit some rubber on them....

Still enjoying the car just got it registered today... Now let the fun begin

http://www.marcellinowheels.com/prod...1142410GMMF100

http://www.marcellinowheels.com/product/MAR1142410PO100

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.