New 04 Escalade Owner and Need Some Honest Opinions! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, New 04 Escalade Owner and Need Some Honest Opinions! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by OneLuv1979 Thanks I picked up some compound today and figured I will give it a shot. I ...
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by OneLuv1979
    Thanks I picked up some compound today and figured I will give it a shot.

I have been leaning more towards 24's in the way of wheels just love the big wheel look on a big suv.
    I think I will be pulling the plug on these wheels as they are aluminum and I have had great luck with alum wheels (no pitting in chrome which most aftermarket wheels do) and they look good....
    Either the gunmetal grey or polished. My wife thinks im crazy as the truck has 4 brand new tires but these trucks are begging for bigger wheels in my opinion.

Those 22's do look good on it and I would imagine you will get a much better ride the 24's as you can fit some rubber on them....

Still enjoying the car just got it registered today... Now let the fun begin

http://www.marcellinowheels.com/prod...1142410GMMF100

http://www.marcellinowheels.com/product/MAR1142410PO100
    I would get the use from the tires that is on the truck then get larger rims

YoshiMan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe Deville D'Elegance
    As far as how technically complicated these are, they are really not that bad, and computerization isn't really too bad either, as it eliminates alot of commonly made adjustments from older cars.

They still use OHV engines, so there is no timing belt, no valve adjustments, and all the gaskets i have changed so far have been metal with "siliconish" feeling inserts, so they pop right off and don't require any scraping. I also have a 1995 Lexus LS400, and the Toyota built DOHC V8s are a technical NIGHTMARE compared to these!

If you are serious about tackling things yourself, pick yourself up the 4 volume factory service manual and go to town!

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiMan
    As far as how technically complicated these are, they are really not that bad, and computerization isn't really too bad either, as it eliminates alot of commonly made adjustments from older cars.

They still use OHV engines, so there is no timing belt, no valve adjustments, and all the gaskets i have changed so far have been metal with "siliconish" feeling inserts, so they pop right off and don't require any scraping. I also have a 1995 Lexus LS400, and the Toyota built DOHC V8s are a technical NIGHTMARE compared to these!

If you are serious about tackling things yourself, pick yourself up the 4 volume factory service manual and go to town!
    I agree with getting a service manual(I have a gm service manual like they use at the dealer)
    I can also agree that a DOHC engine is a nightmare to work on(previous car was a 99chrysler Concorde)
    I have a 79 Chrysler cordoba and I am thinking of getting a fuel injection engine if the one in the car ever goes kaput (carbaurater fed engines are ok but have they're issues as they age)

djais1801 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 EXT Sable Black

Re: New 04 Escalade Owner and Need Some Honest Opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by OneLuv1979 View Post
    Thanks I picked up some compound today and figured I will give it a shot.

I have been leaning more towards 24's in the way of wheels just love the big wheel look on a big suv.
    I think I will be pulling the plug on these wheels as they are aluminum and I have had great luck with alum wheels (no pitting in chrome which most aftermarket wheels do) and they look good....
    Either the gunmetal grey or polished. My wife thinks im crazy as the truck has 4 brand new tires but these trucks are begging for bigger wheels in my opinion.

Those 22's do look good on it and I would imagine you will get a much better ride the 24's as you can fit some rubber on them....

Still enjoying the car just got it registered today... Now let the fun begin

http://www.marcellinowheels.com/prod...1142410GMMF100

http://www.marcellinowheels.com/product/MAR1142410PO100
    before dumping that kind of coin on new rims+ tires...stalk CL-there are a ton of options used and 1/3 of the price!

OneLuv1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by djais1801 View Post
    before dumping that kind of coin on new rims+ tires...stalk CL-there are a ton of options used and 1/3 of the price!
    Actually there are not deals.. Deals are on ebay 24's from $1600 w/tires.
    I search craigslist daily for several items (cars,boats,bmx bikes,trailers and rv's)
    I buy and sell whatever I think I can make a profit off of while my business is dead and I stay home with the kids to avoid daycare costs so im on point when it comes to finding deals.

I do not want chrome wheels, I have been down that road of pitting chrome to much...
    My last vehicle has Twisted INTRO 1 piece alum wheels that were $600 a wheel but 6 years later looked new..
    You get what you pay for so if I buy wheels they will be the 24" aluminum marcellino ... Just because they are polished alum.

Here is my last vehicle and it will be missed...

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

I search craigslist daily for several items (cars,boats,bmx bikes,trailers and rv's)
    I buy and sell whatever I think I can make a profit off of while my business is dead and I stay home with the kids to avoid daycare costs so im on point when it comes to finding deals.

I do not want chrome wheels, I have been down that road of pitting chrome to much...
    My last vehicle has Twisted INTRO 1 piece alum wheels that were $600 a wheel but 6 years later looked new..
    You get what you pay for so if I buy wheels they will be the 24" aluminum marcellino ... Just because they are polished alum.

Here is my last vehicle and it will be missed...

Craigslist produced my 22" OEM Cadillac Rims from a 2012 EXT with 6000 miles on them...including the Factory Bridgestone Dueler Tires. Not a bad deal for $1200.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I see a lot of deals like i got regularly on South Florida Craigslist.

Saw these but just to much..... I can get my alum 24" for $1900w/tires.
    BUT I am going to wait for now.... I need to get the outside looking fresh before I throw wheels on it.
    I sure do wish mine was black, I have the Blue color and im not a huge fan of it but it will work.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/for/3748865223.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pts/3754230148.html

Quote Originally Posted by OneLuv1979
    Saw these but just to much..... I can get my alum 24" for $1900w/tires.
    BUT I am going to wait for now.... I need to get the outside looking fresh before I throw wheels on it.
    I sure do wish mine was black, I have the Blue color and im not a huge fan of it but it will work.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/for/3748865223.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pts/3754230148.html
    Blue is a different color which allows it to stand out from the crowd of black and white(I seen a red one once) mine is black and there is three more in my area that is black(and one white)

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Blue is a different color which allows it to stand out from the crowd of black and white(I seen a red one once) mine is black and there is three more in my area that is black(and one white)
    Here in SE Florida it's black Escalades 4:1 over every other color so a nice dark blue Escalade stands out as being different. I have walked up to the wrong escalade trying to get in it twice in the past six months LOL.

Black is however ...I have to say extremely "formal" looking....but it's a PITA to keep clean and looking good. I carry my detail supplies with me at all times. I only use a very limited number of Car Wash places that I know will not scratch the truck or the rims. When you get a black car super slick you can look at it and make scratches appear!! LOL

If I had my choice of any of the Cadillac colors I would go for the White Pearl.

The $1650 and $2000 are about average for a near new set of 22" OEM rims and tires. The tires alone are about $1000 for a set w/tax not including mount and balance.
    Add the 4: OEM 22" rims in at $580 ea those numbers don't sound bad at all.http://www.gmpartsoutlet.net/?i=2&ma...116&type=parts

Quote Originally Posted by sprink60

Here in SE Florida it's black Escalades 4:1 over every other color so a nice dark blue Escalade stands out as being different. I have walked up to the wrong escalade trying to get in it twice in the past six months LOL.

Black is however ...I have to say extremely "formal" looking....but it's a PITA to keep clean and looking good. I carry my detail supplies with me at all times. I only use a very limited number of Car Wash places that I know will not scratch the truck or the rims. When you get a black car super slick you can look at it and make scratches appear!! LOL

If I had my choice of any of the Cadillac colors I would go for the White Pearl.
    Be ready for a pricey paint job should it ever need repainting

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Theres great deals on CL, I bought my 24's on the list for $1700 with Brand new $1100 Lexani Tires on them, and they look 10 times nicer then those factory wheels in the link! And if you take care of your wheels, keep them clean, and dont roll around in winter like alot of people do, you will never have a problem with them pitting, especially if you buy a quality brand wheel!...The Ebay deals you speak of, are about the cheapest of the cheap wheels you can buy! Let alone the tires they sell with them!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    only time I ever see one its black or white! unless of course, im looking at my sexy rip tide blue!

Yea I really want to go at least 24"
    Since you also have a blue one on 24's can you post a pic please?

It might need a paint job , I have not tried to get the water stains off yet...
    The kids keep me busy all day long. I did go buy some stuff to give it a shot..
    Hopefully this weekend.

Yea I really want to go at least 24"
    Since you also have a blue one on 24's can you post a pic please?

It might need a paint job , I have not tried to get the water stains off yet...
    The kids keep me busy all day long. I did go buy some stuff to give it a shot..
    Hopefully this weekend.
    Well ...with 24's you might as well get the brakes for it or those stock rotors and calipers are going to look lame...
    [IMG]URL=http://s705.photobucket.com/user/sprink49/media/IMAG0220.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]

...and get some power going on...

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Makes a HUGE difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sprink60

Well ...with 24's you might as well get the brakes for it or those stock rotors and calipers are going to look lame...
    [/URL][/IMG]

...and get some power going on...

[/URL][/IMG]
    [/URL][/IMG]

Makes a HUGE difference.
    Yep that is another reason I haven't changed my rims

That's funny I was just looking at super charger kits....
    Have you run the 1/4 mile?
    How do you like the Supercharger?

My Escalade is my tow vehicle!!
    I have a frame off restored 79 Buick Regal w/Pontiac 400 stroked...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxsd716QMBo

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.