Price for factory air ride work?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Price for factory air ride work? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Had my '04 in for some work last week and they told me the rear air shocks were leaking. I ...
    jtrox8175 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Price for factory air ride work?

Had my '04 in for some work last week and they told me the rear air shocks were leaking. I had them give me a price and they said to replace both rear shocks and the compressor with the "lifetime warranty" GM parts would be around $2k. They said the other suggested replacement parts without the warranty would be about $1400. Is this about normal as far as cost or are they out of line? Also, if the compressor isn't working at all shouldn't I get that "service ride control" message? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrox8175
    Had my '04 in for some work last week and they told me the rear air shocks were leaking. I had them give me a price and they said to replace both rear shocks and the compressor with the "lifetime warranty" GM parts would be around $2k. They said the other suggested replacement parts without the warranty would be about $1400. Is this about normal as far as cost or are they out of line? Also, if the compressor isn't working at all shouldn't I get that "service ride control" message? Thanks!
    Lifetime warranty GM parts? New to me, im calling BS till someone shows me otherwise... Arnott was the way to go for me, and i installed myself

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Some one is nuts the only gm part I have ever known of with a lifetime warranty is the fuel pump(then I think it was certain years)
    I second the bs factor(especially at that price)

Re: Price for factory air ride work?

I kinda feel the same way...seemed off to me. Will definitely look at other options and other garages. Thanks for the input!!

I kinda feel the same way...seemed off to me. Will definitely look at other options and other garages. Thanks for the input!!
    I would get the compressor from the dealer and the shocks from arnotts website(the rebuilt ones are a good deal if you want to save money)

Je357 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

The rubber boot on mine 04 driver side air shock is ripped. Should i just replace the one. Or just do both? Not sure if its leaking either. Sits fine. I towed a motorcycle and trailer no problem? Also have some wobble coming from the driver side when i hit bumps. Could this be the ripped air shock problem.

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by jtrox8175 View Post
    $1400 is a rape...at $2000 you are being sodomized!!! Do it yourself with Arnott's replacement for around $500~$600 A~Z with compressor. I did mine 15,000 miles ago with no issues and I tow a 7500# boat with 400# tongue weight.

I see a lot of people are recommending the Arnott route from looking at other threads. I have some mechanical ability but a little nervous about tearing into it myself. Are the directions pretty straight forward??

I see a lot of people are recommending the Arnott route from looking at other threads. I have some mechanical ability but a little nervous about tearing into it myself. Are the directions pretty straight forward??
    It's not as hard as you may think(I could do it if it weren't for my back)
    Search on the forum if you feel like doing it if not I would suggest a good shop(not dealer unless you know someone at the dealer) to have them put on(FYI get the compressor from the dealer but don't have them put it on) heck I can do it even with my back giving me fits
    The shocks would require a few jacks(one for the trailer hitch the others for your safety)

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

The best dealer price for the compressor I have found is $335 (http://number1gmparts.com/parts/2005...agramCallOut=3). Arnott gets $185 for theirs (https://www.arnottindustries.com/par...77_gid311.html). Make YOUR choice and spend YOUR money.

If you already have a floor jack and a pair of jack stands this is an easy DIY Saturday afternoon job....but don't go buy the jack and stands just for this project...pay a shop to do it for you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.