Wheel fitment?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Wheel fitment? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Looking at getting some 22's... So I'm pretty sure on the size I'm going to get. The question is what ...
    HoustonBussa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade Base

Wheel fitment?

Looking at getting some 22's... So I'm pretty sure on the size I'm going to get. The question is what width can be put under there.. With out ripping out the wheel well when you turn all the way. Most of the rims I've looked at are 22x9.5.

Also what's a good offset. I'd like either a flush fit or just barely past the wheel well. I guess I need to figure out the width on my wife's 2003 Suburban, because I LOVE the stance her truck has.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

Re: Wheel fitment?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBussa View Post
    Looking at getting some 22's... So I'm pretty sure on the size I'm going to get. The question is what width can be put under there.. With out ripping out the wheel well when you turn all the way. Most of the rims I've looked at are 22x9.5.

Also what's a good offset. I'd like either a flush fit or just barely past the wheel well. I guess I need to figure out the width on my wife's 2003 Suburban, because I LOVE the stance her truck has.
    I took a set of factory 22" off a 2012 EXT...no issues at all on my 2005 EXV after 10K miles.

Quote Originally Posted by sprink60 View Post
    I took a set of factory 22" off a 2012 EXT...no issues at all on my 2005 EXV after 10K miles.
    I'm going fir something with a bit more of a lip on it.

sprink60 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV

If you move the center of the wheel away from the hub you will have interference problems at some point. I studied this quite a bit many years ago and learned from a GM suspension engineer that the big risk in doing this is over loading the outer wheel/axle bearing. He made me aware of a landmark law suite where deaths were caused by wheel bearing failure due to using too much reverse off set. The plaintiffs in the suit ended up with nothing and the auto insurance company was not required to pay off the claim. Be careful with this and make sure you use only SEMA certified wheels and rims on your truck...they work all of the fitment calcs and know what will and will not work.

Thanks. Some SERIOUS food for thought. I haven't seen and fitting Giss on here as of yet. I know I want a 22, deep dish lip, but need to find what width and offset is doable, so of anyone knows...

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBussa View Post

I personally think 22's look like 18's on a big truck! It would take a REAL big tire to have any rubbing issues on tiny 22's with the huge wheel wells!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.