wish I had known more before buying the Arnot compressor.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, wish I had known more before buying the Arnot compressor. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Like everybody else, I thought Arnot was the best deal going for compressors. After I installed the Arnot unit, my ...
    90limited is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

wish I had known more before buying the Arnot compressor.

Like everybody else, I thought Arnot was the best deal going for compressors. After I installed the Arnot unit, my shocks were still leaking down. I discovered that it is leaking at the junction of the dryer and compressor. Called Arnot and was told that the oneway valve in the dryer is defective and I will need to order a new dryer. This will cost about $100 shipped. So with the $189 for the Arnot compressor and the new dryer, I will have $289 in the unit, plus the time to rebuild the dryer, mount the Arnot compressor in the old frame, transfer the plug to the arnot unit and the hours I spent trying to find the bloody leak.

For $219 from amazon or $245 from Rockauto, I could have purchased a Dorman 949-000 compressor that is a drop in for the original. Includes the plug, dryer,compressormounted in new frame, splash gaurds and mounting bolts. All you would have to do is unbolt the old one and bolt in the new. It would take less than 15 minutes and you would be done. What really gets me is all the time I have spent screwing around with the Arnot unit. I hope someone can benifit from this......

----------

After thinking about it some more ( I know, that thinking always get you into trouble) I ordered a Dorman complete plug and play compressor. I am doing this, because I am taking a 1500 mile road trip next week and do not have time to deal with it.

This means I will be selling an Arnot compressor that has been on the truck for two weeks. It will come mounted in the frame and already have the factory wiring harness spliced in. I will include all the components so that you can rebuild your old dryer and install. Make me an offer. I am sure that somebody out there is looking for a deal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by 90limited
    Like everybody else, I thought Arnot was the best deal going for compressors. After I installed the Arnot unit, my shocks were still leaking down. I discovered that it is leaking at the junction of the dryer and compressor. Called Arnot and was told that the oneway valve in the dryer is defective and I will need to order a new dryer. This will cost about $100 shipped. So with the $189 for the Arnot compressor and the new dryer, I will have $289 in the unit, plus the time to rebuild the dryer, mount the Arnot compressor in the old frame, transfer the plug to the arnot unit and the hours I spent trying to find the bloody leak.

For $219 from amazon or $245 from Rockauto, I could have purchased a Dorman 949-000 compressor that is a drop in for the original. Includes the plug, dryer,compressormounted in new frame, splash gaurds and mounting bolts. All you would have to do is unbolt the old one and bolt in the new. It would take less than 15 minutes and you would be done. What really gets me is all the time I have spent screwing around with the Arnot unit. I hope someone can benifit from this......

----------

After thinking about it some more ( I know, that thinking always get you into trouble) I ordered a Dorman complete plug and play compressor. I am doing this, because I am taking a 1500 mile road trip next week and do not have time to deal with it.

This means I will be selling an Arnot compressor that has been on the truck for two weeks. It will come mounted in the frame and already have the factory wiring harness spliced in. I will include all the components so that you can rebuild your old dryer and install. Make me an offer. I am sure that somebody out there is looking for a deal.
    What would be the lowest you would take for it since they are claiming it defective?
    I might be interested (even though I bought a new one from my local dealer) since I like to tinker with stuff

Re: wish I had known more before buying the Arnot compressor.

They are not claiming defective. Arnot does not have anything to do with the dryer housing. The oneway valve is in the dryer housing. There is not a thing wrong with the compressor, it is 100%...

crazymaci is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

i also just saw the dorman solution and was thinking of going in that direction as well, how did it work out?

it will not get here until next week. The two people that reviewed on Amazon gave it 5 stars and had great things to say about the Dorman part.

im going to that route as well, plug and play for 40 more dollars, you know cadillac would charge that difference for the protective rubber boot that was destroyed when i took it off the truck!

Guyz1996deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

I have an arnot piece of scrap too. I just ordered OEM from gmpartsdirect.com and dropped it in with no worries. I layed on the ground and bench tested the arnott crap too. Arnott going to be happy with the product more like it.

grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

my service ride message came on today i figured it was prob not working anyway since i havent even heard the compressor kick on in the 2wks ive had it but its not sagging and it rides normal. I see some people have good things to say about arnotts compressor some not seems to be hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper
    my service ride message came on today i figured it was prob not working anyway since i havent even heard the compressor kick on in the 2wks ive had it but its not sagging and it rides normal. I see some people have good things to say about arnotts compressor some not seems to be hit or miss.
    I got mine from the dealer but the shocks from arnotts(arriving today)

grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How much was it from the dealer? Amazon has it for 210. If I need one just might get that one. The message didnt come back when I went home today but I doubt it's working as I haven't heard it once. Sadly I paid $80 o a gm dealer to check everything spose they didn't check it.

Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper
    How much was it from the dealer? Amazon has it for 210. If I need one just might get that one. The message didnt come back when I went home today but I doubt it's working as I haven't heard it once. Sadly I paid $80 o a gm dealer to check everything spose they didn't check it.
    It wasn't that cheap but it is a new compressor at least got it from amazon you won't regret it

I just got done installing the Arnott compressor and the dryer check valve did seem hokey but so far so good on the operation,I would recommend shrink tubing the but connections, also the Dorman on amozon said 5 weeks out and I didn't want to wait that long so I hope there isn't any regrets,
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaci
    I just got done installing the Arnott compressor and the dryer check valve did seem hokey but so far so good on the operation,I would recommend shrink tubing the but connections, also the Dorman on amozon said 5 weeks out and I didn't want to wait that long so I hope there isn't any regrets,
    peace
    I have my old compressor and plan on bench-testing it soon to see if it still has some life left in it(dang exghust valve solenoid "failed" I think it got something in it but won't know will I tear it down

got the Dorman unit installed and love it. took less than 15 min. The dorman is much louder than the arnot. It sounds like the OEM unit. I will be selling the arnot unit in the frame with good protective boot and already wired to the factory plug for $125. It will include the dryer rebuild kit..... I am going to put on ebay later this week when I get time.

So... the dorman unit took a crap this week. I guess it did not like the sub zero temps. Called Amazon (where purcahsed) and told them the Dorman unit has a
    has a lifetime warranty. They agreed and sent me a new unit, two day express. While I am not happy that the first one only lasted 9 months, I can't bitch about a
    lifetime warranty and great service. By the way the motor on the bad compressor still runs, but it sounds like the pump is locked up. I am not getting any codes
    on the dash, just no air is being pumped to the shocks...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.