Good price for 04?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Good price for 04? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Been looking at lots of suvs thinking the lade ist he one and i love the 07+ but the ones ...
    grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Good price for 04?

Been looking at lots of suvs thinking the lade ist he one and i love the 07+ but the ones within my price range all have high miles and i just don't want to spend 22-23+ for a car with over 100k. I do like the prev gen with some rims and a grill they look pretty nice. Found a 04 white 84k at a ford dealer has navi with stock 17" asking 15.9 which is crazy IMO. What's a good price? Edmonds sez 12.2 dealer retail I'm inclined to stick near that.

Update found an 06 and bought it !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lacadoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade AWD

Re: Good price for 04?

I purchased my 03 last year with 70k miles and brand new 20 inch rims and tires on it for 15,500.00. I dont feel that is to far off from where their at but I am sure you have a good amount of negotiating room depending on what you are bringing to the table. Trade in, down payment? Excellent credit alone should allow you to get closer to 14k at least

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

You'll pay higher for condition. $16K doesn't sound bad if it's in pristine condition without any mechanical defects.

I paid $16K for a fully loaded 05 with 82K miles last year from a GM dealership and couldn't be happier with it. I do have some slight issues with the suspension but I figured that was coming on such a heavy vehicle. I'll wind up sinking about $500 in parts with my own labor into it and be completely satisfied.

I've been shopping a couple of years and seen these things come down from the mid 20s down to the mid to upper teens. Condition makes a big difference in two of the same model years with different prices.

Personally, I'd stick with an 05 or 06. Some improvements that I was looking for (electric fans) came in 05.

As long as you're not in a hurry a good deal will fall into your lap eventually for the price you want to pay. It took a couple of years for me but I'm patient now about getting exactly what I'm looking for.

the cadillac man is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper
    Been looking at lots of suvs thinking the lade ist he one and i love the 07+ but the ones within my price range all have high miles and i just don't want to spend 22-23+ for a car with over 100k. I do like the prev gen with some rims and a grill they look pretty nice. Found a 04 white 84k at a ford dealer has navi with stock 17" asking 15.9 which is crazy IMO. What's a good price? Edmonds sez 12.2 dealer retail I'm inclined to stick near that.
    If it is in great shape it may be worth the price

If it was me I would schedule a test drive and test everything work every switch check all the lights

While on the test drive listen for odd noises(whines,moans, clunks etc.etc)

Make sure the air suspension works(if not use that to your advantage (I got 500 knocked off mine because of the service ride control message))

Last if you can (and they will let you) take the truck to a gm dealer to have it checked out to make sure nothing needs replacing drivetrain wise(even though gm's power trains are bullet proof)

No trades credit is good enough I'm already approved through my own credit union. It's pretty easy on their end give me a deal and the car goes away lol. I can look at their financing I guess if that helps get the price down. I'm torn wait around find a deal and spend a lil more on a 07 or spend less and get something now hmmm.

No trades credit is good enough I'm already approved through my own credit union. It's pretty easy on their end give me a deal and the car goes away lol. I can look at their financing I guess if that helps get the price down. I'm torn wait around find a deal and spend a lil more on a 07 or spend less and get something now hmmm.
    I would get something now(you would wait your whole life as there would be something better)
    Ps there is claims of the 07's having tranny issues

But if you do like I said in my previous post I think you would enjoy a second gen esky for a cheaper price now then upgrade to a 08 or newer at a later time(when the prices are lower)

FYI act quick as these trucks sell quick if the
    Mileage is low

Ya I may go look as I'm off tomorrow but am busy with other stuff so hopefully I can fit it in. It's one of thecleaner ones I've seen. Albeit with no mods like rims etc.

Jophusp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500

You may also want to consider something with a few more miles on it. Especially if you are planning to only have it a few years, then upgrade to newer gen. Look around, there are plenty of great deals out there in around the 110-120,000 mile range. There is a steep drop off in price between 80-110. alot of them around here are going for about 10,000, in the mile range I mentioned, and alot of little things usually get replaced during that period, Water pump, brakes, etc. Also consider what you will get back out of it when its time to swap. They pretty much bottom out at around 8-9, unless it has 300,000miles on it. Those are out there too. These trucks are far from their end at 120,000 miles, They still have alot of miles to be enjoyed, and what could any of us do with 5 grand extra. Just my two pieces of copper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jophusp View Post
    You may also want to consider something with a few more miles on it. Especially if you are planning to only have it a few years, then upgrade to newer gen. Look around, there are plenty of great deals out there in around the 110-120,000 mile range. There is a steep drop off in price between 80-110. alot of them around here are going for about 10,000, in the mile range I mentioned, and alot of little things usually get replaced during that period, Water pump, brakes, etc. Also consider what you will get back out of it when its time to swap. They pretty much bottom out at around 8-9, unless it has 300,000miles on it. Those are out there too. These trucks are far from their end at 120,000 miles, They still have alot of miles to be enjoyed, and what could any of us do with 5 grand extra. Just my two pieces of copper.
    Ya I've looked at those as well but at least here there isn't Aton of difference 2-3k on avg. hmm what to do lol.

Well it's sold already lol. They do go fast that's for sure.

Well it's sold already lol. They do go fast that's for sure.
    I had to grab mine as soon as I seen it and took the test drive

Silent_Assasin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT - Rip Tide Blue

Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper View Post
    I paid 18,900 for my 05 with 60k miles on it! in EXCELLENT condition so it was well worth it, they were asking 21,000 for it and i got them down a bit!... If you ask me, my personal opinion is the 04-06 are by far the nicest of them all! I love the body style alot better then the newer ones, and also I run a detail shop, so i see first hand the material all manufacturers have been using for 07-current model vehicles! It is literally 79% RECYCLED GARBAGE! That is why you cant clean it that well at all, the carpet is VERY thin, the plastic on the dash and door panels is even cheaper! I have seriously had multiple customers bring me their 2010 2011 2012 vehicles with cloth seats, saying they spilt water on them, and I could not get WATER out of them! Water honestly leaves marks on new cloth seats that will not go away! (sometimes not even my extractor will get them out!) Its absolutely ridiculous! And also I dont know what they were thinking when they designed that ugly clock for the 07+ model Escalade!! lol....but either way, me personally I will never buy a 07-2013+ model vehicle or until they make a massive change in production!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    I had to grab mine as soon as I seen it and took the test drive
    LOL i know right! I dont even remember looking under the hood when i bought mine! HA i drove almost 6 hours away though to pick up my truck, so i knew what i was going to buy! There was no turning back, After I heard her running and seen that sexy beast pull around the corner of the building, within the first 5 seconds of the test drive, I knew I was buying it!

Got a line on another one 06 99k 14.9. I'm gonna look tommorrow if it lasts the long lol. Can I just drive up to any gm dealer and ask them to do a pre buy inspec or? Never done that before but I don't trust any of these dealers lol.

65kaiser is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just picked up an 04 about a month ago with 56k in really nice condition. new tires, nav. pretty much loaded with everything. Paid 17k, I am very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by 65kaiser View Post
    I just picked up an 04 about a month ago with 56k in really nice condition. new tires, nav. pretty much loaded with everything. Paid 17k, I am very happy.
    Wow low mileage nice pick up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.