Good price for 04? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Good price for 04? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Went and drove it couple little scratches but overall in really nice shape everything seems to work as it should ...
    grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Good price for 04?

Went and drove it couple little scratches but overall in really nice shape everything seems to work as it should no weird noises, tires almost new, oil at 94%. Negatives 1 key no remotes (how much are new ones?), driver seat couple small crack in driver seat bottom, carpet needs cleaning in spots.

We agreed since if it all checks out at the dealer or car shop tommorrow I could do 14k which I think is pretty fair. I tried to leave a deposit cuz I don't want it disappearing buthe said he wouldn't do anything with it so long as I'm quick about getting looked at. He even said he could take it in for me although IDE probably rather do it.

If all goes well tommorrow ill have me a new lade. Cross fingers on the check upmtommorrow.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper
    Went and drove it couple little scratches but overall in really nice shape everything seems to work as it should no weird noises, tires almost new, oil at 94%. Negatives 1 key no remotes (how much are new ones?), driver seat couple small crack in driver seat bottom, carpet needs cleaning in spots.

We agreed since if it all checks out at the dealer or car shop tommorrow I could do 14k which I think is pretty fair. I tried to leave a deposit cuz I don't want it disappearing buthe said he wouldn't do anything with it so long as I'm quick about getting looked at. He even said he could take it in for me although IDE probably rather do it.

If all goes well tommorrow ill have me a new lade. Cross fingers on the check upmtommorrow.
    I hope you can get it you will love it
    FYI I would still have it checked myself to sure

Yes I'm going take it myself I just feel better that way. Couple questions if it has power mirrors where is that button what's it look like? Also how can I tell if its 2wd or awd? I also turned off the ac but it seemed to still be on I swear I ave done this on other gm truck before but can't remember how I turned it off and left the fan blowing.

Yes I'm going take it myself I just feel better that way. Couple questions if it has power mirrors where is that button what's it look like? Also how can I tell if its 2wd or awd? I also turned off the ac but it seemed to still be on I swear I ave done this on other gm truck before but can't remember how I turned it off and left the fan blowing.
    The power fold mirror control is in the mirror adjuster(it has a yellow mirror in the middle)
    Push the left side to fold the mirrors out push the right side to fold the mirrors in
    The ac button disables the compressor(auto climate controls are different from manual climate controls)
    02-04 all wheel drive models have the 6.0 v8
    Others you will have to look under the front to be sure it has all wheel drive(gm dropped the smaller engine in 05)

I did the same thing with my truck not long after I got it as I didn't trust the carfax report

The new one I'm looking at is a 06. It's for sure awd as I found out the letter k in the vin means its awd. Ill have to look for the power folding mirror again I swear I didn't see it. It's also missing the nav disk I just remembered which one would it need and how much? Hopefully tomorrow goes smooth and it checks out ok.

The new one I'm looking at is a 06. It's for sure awd as I found out the letter k in the vin means its awd. Ill have to look for the power folding mirror again I swear I didn't see it. It's also missing the nav disk I just remembered which one would it need and how much? Hopefully tomorrow goes smooth and it checks out ok.
    It's the mirror adjustment control just forward of the window controls(don't feel bad about not seeing it the guys at my local dealer miss it every time (and manually pull my drivers side mirror out by hand) so I ended up not using it in fear of them messing up my mirror

here is what the control panel looks like in the car im stillnot seeing it lol.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-06-SILVER...b0ed46&vxp=mtr

here is what the control panel looks like in the car im stillnot seeing it lol.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-06-SILVER...b0ed46&vxp=mtr
    You see the switch to select the mirror to adjust it(the one just behind it is the mirror adjusting buttons that is the one you use to fold the mirrors
    If you have the owners manual(provided the truck has it) it would show in it in more detail)

sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV

I just bought me ESV 2 months ago '03 with 112K, 22" OEM rims in excellent condition in and out paid $10K

Phxman31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade-White Pearl

If you want the mirrors to fold in all you do it make sure neither mirror is selected to adjust and push the bottom of the adjustment control, square control, towards you and hold it down until mirrors fold in.

Typer2k1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

Wink Re: Good price for 04?

Who would have known the power side view mirror button was so complicated? My 4 year old was in the driver seat pushing buttons one day and i saw the mirrors fold in. I had to ask him what button he pushed to figure it out!

I got my 04 ESV with 115K miles for $10K, came with Newish 22"s.

The previous owners removed the check engine light LED, navigation shows a white screen, rear brakes are gone, and the dvd player is missing. But these are all things i can take care of myself so im happy with my purchase.

I finally figured out the mirrors lol and they fold in just fine. Got it checked out at a gm dealer. Overall really good needs some suspension stuff, rear brakes, ac belt, some rear gasket and at some point a general 100k tune up fluids etc. Guy said it seemed to be taken care of and everything worked. I have to finish paper work tomorrow but I ended up getting it for 13,700+tax and tank of gas. I'm pretty happy with that. Now too find some rims and that front license plate cover thing.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper View Post
    I finally figured out the mirrors lol and they fold in just fine. Got it checked out at a gm dealer. Overall really good needs some suspension stuff, rear brakes, ac belt, some rear gasket and at some point a general 100k tune up fluids etc. Guy said it seemed to be taken care of and everything worked. I have to finish paper work tomorrow but I ended up getting it for 13,700+tax and tank of gas. I'm pretty happy with that. Now too find some rims and that front license plate cover thing.
    Hi grayparatrooper,

I am happy to hear you were able to get the vehicle checked out and finally felt comfortable buying it! That is exciting. Enjoy driving your Cadillac when you get it

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

It's about the same mine was when I got it except cheaper price
    Rear brakes wear quicker then the fronts(I have replaced mine once already)
    I replaced the plugs
    Need new rear shocks(common issue)
    Take care of it and it will serve you well

thanks I'm pretty excited never owned an American car before always had Toyota/Lexus so we'll see how she holds up. I would have liked lower miles but at this point a 10-15k mile difference isn't that big a deal people drive around here and most are higher mileage. I think teh price is fair for it being an 06 at least around here trucks hold their value well the 04 I missed out on was 15.9 and sold it a couple days and it was older.

I already researched the parts I need on eBay and they are dirt cheap ill just have to have a local guy install it all. Already got some mods planned out and i can't wait to find some rims I really hate the grampa rims it has lol.

A couple pix of her

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.