Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Air ride compressor pressure

15K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Cameron0588 
#1 ·
Troubleshooting the rear air suspension on a 2004 Escalade. The shocks do not raise the vehicle at all. The compressor was replaced a year or 2 ago. The compressor runs and I cannot find an air leak. I noticed I can hold my finger over the compressor air outlet and stop the air. Does this mean the compressor is not putting out enough pressure to fill the shocks?

#4 ·
90limited said:
I think I saw somewhere the compressor has a Maximum Air Pressure (psi) of 165... if the unit comes on when you start the truck, the exhaust soleniod is not an issue. If you have to jump the relay to get the unit to come on then it is an issue.
the service manual shows 187.8 as the max psi that the pressure sensor reads
If it is bad it could cause the system to vent out the air but the compressor would have to be replaced as the sensor is on the dryer of the compressor
If you can get the error codes I can find out what it is in my gm service manual

#5 ·
I jacked the rear end up and found a tear in the rubber on the shock. Couldn't see it with the shock compressed.
Called the dealer and the serviceman was like "Oh Wow, GM must be impressed with their shocks" $670 each $1500 installed.
Looks like I need to check out the Arnott shocks.
Which model? Want to keep the autoride self-leveling for towing.
New Bilstein/Arnott Rear Air Shock Kit (pair) AS-2127 for $369 or
Remanufactured O.E.M. Electronic Rear Air Shocks (sold in pairs) AS-2411 for $379

Also, Is there a current promotion code for a discount?

#6 ·
jetskiracer said:
I jacked the rear end up and found a tear in the rubber on the shock. Couldn't see it with the shock compressed.
Called the dealer and the serviceman was like "Oh Wow, GM must be impressed with their shocks" $670 each $1500 installed.
Looks like I need to check out the Arnott shocks.
Which model? Want to keep the autoride self-leveling for towing.
New Bilstein/Arnott Rear Air Shock Kit (pair) AS-2127 for $369 or
Remanufactured O.E.M. Electronic Rear Air Shocks (sold in pairs) AS-2411 for $379

Also, Is there a current promotion code for a discount?
You want to get the remanufactured oem shocks to retain the stocks auto ride system

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.