speedometer quit 05 Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, speedometer quit 05 Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The speedometer on my 05 Escalade dropped to zero while driving about 30mph. I thought I heard a slight squeak ...
    Nrubkcalb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade AWD 6.0l.

speedometer quit 05 Escalade

The speedometer on my 05 Escalade dropped to zero while driving about 30mph. I thought I heard a slight squeak or noise just before it happened. What sends the speed signal to the gauge and where is it located? Thanks, Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrubkcalb
    The speedometer on my 05 Escalade dropped to zero while driving about 30mph. I thought I heard a slight squeak or noise just before it happened. What sends the speed signal to the gauge and where is it located? Thanks, Bill
    Most likely the stepper motor took a crap(common problem)

But if you know how to soldier you can replace it easy

Nrubkcalb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade AWD 6.0l.

Re: speedometer quit 05 Escalade

OK I've had a spontaneous recovery. For some reason the speedo has started working again. Do stepper motors fail once and permanently or could this be a loose wire? What sends the speed signal to the gauge and where is it located? Thanks, Bill

grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

check cl there are a couple local that fix the whole thing for like 50-100

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Here is a site for repairs

www.gmgaugeguy.com lifetime warranty also

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

official repairs are from specmo, united radio, etc ... GM extended the warranty on these for certain years

might be worth checking with a dealer to make sure you are or aren't covered
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Caddy2004X is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Stepper motors can be purchased on eBay for pennys. If you know how to solder it's very easy to do. I would suggest replacing all of them at one time. No their is no wire. The recall is for 70,000 miles or less. anything more to 80,000 miles you will have to pay labor. I was told for one replacement 700-950 at the dealer. three beers later it was back in the truck and working great. Their is a video on youtube as well. So easy to do and the cash you save. By the way there is no reprogramming involved either. After you watch the video the guy showes you how to regauge each dial. Very easy to do. I actually replaced eachas they went out, then I just did 6 at one time. Now they work great, did it in my kitchen on the counter with 5 beers. If you need more detail send me a message. I actually give you answers unlike some of these folks, quick to say take it to the dealer.

kdbvulcan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

whats the youtube video called...i need to replace my stepper motor and dont want to screw nuthn up worse then wat it is already

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.